Product Compatibility Chart
The following table identifies which Ribbon products located at Ribbon Product Documentation interoperate with each other using a symbol at the intersection of two products to signify compatibility.
To view an interoperability matrix listing the latest and minimum (for historical purposes) compatible product release versions, click on the product link in the table heading or first column, or select the product from the list provided below the table. This will take you to the individual product interoperability page.
When upgrading your Ribbon product to take advantage of the latest feature set and enhancements, and you wish to also get the latest feature set of other compatible Ribbon products, you must upgrade those products as well to the latest compatible release as per the associated Interop Matrix.
|= compatible||ASX||ADS||BRX||C20 Core||C3||DSC/SP2K||DSI||GSX 9000||ID Hub||Insight EMS||Insight EMS SWe||MRFP||NetScore||Ribbon Analytics||PSX||PSX SWe||SBC SWe||SBC Q20/Q21||SGX 4000||STI||VNFM|
|Insight EMS SWe|
* There is no interoperability for a standalone EMS system.
♦♦♦ When the PSX acts as a SIP proxy, it interacts with another PSX; otherwise, no interaction is required.
Product Interoperability Matrices
This section includes interoperability matrices depicting which Ribbon product software versions interoparate with a particular product.
On each Ribbon interoperability page, the major product release versions of the product of interest are listed in the first column, and the compatible products' major release versions (both latest and minimum compatible versions, when applicable) are listed in the remaining columns. See Figure 1 for an explanation of what constitutes a major release.
Each product release is compatible with each of its previous releases unless noted otherwise.
Using the following SBC Core Compatibility Matrix as an example,
- The latest compatible EMS release to interoperate with SBC Core 06.02.01Rx builds is 10.03.01R000. The minimum compatible release is 10.01.00R000.
- The latest compatible DSI release for SBC 5000 series and SBC 7000 06.01.00Rx builds is DSI 09.03.00R000. The minimum compatible release is 08.04.01R000. However, the DSI is not compatible with SBC SWe 06.01.00Rx builds.
- The latest compatible PSX release for SBC Core 06.00.00R000 is 10.01.00R000, and the minimum compatible release is 08.04.14R000.
Linux was introduced in Trunking release 08.04.07.
Click on a product link below to navigate to a product interoperability page:
- ASX - ADS Interoperability Matrices
- BRX Interoperability Matrix
- DSI Interoperability Matrix
- EdgeView and EdgeMarc Interoperability Matrix
- GSX9000 Interoperability Matrix
- Identity Hub (ID Hub) Interoperability Matrix
- Insight EMS Interoperability Matrix
- MRFP Interoperability Matrix
- NetScore Interoperability Matrix
- PSX Interoperability Matrix
- Ribbon Analytics Interoperability Matrix
- SBC 1000-2000-SWe Lite Interoperability Matrix
- SBC 5000-7000-SWe Interoperability Matrices
- SGX 4000 Interoperability Matrix
- STI Interoperability Matrix
- VNFM Interoperability Matrix
- DSC Interoperability Matrix
Release Numbering Schema
The tables below describe the Ribbon release numbering schemas.