This section provides you with descriptive and procedural information about configuring linksets in a Japanese network.
Configuring the A and B Plane Attribute in a TTC Network
A four-bit link identifier is used during link alignment or Signaling Link Test (SLT) in MTP3. For most SS7 Variants, the Signaling Link Code (SLC) attribute in the Web UI is configured to encode this identifier. For Japanese networks, specifically for TTC, the four-bit link identifier is logically divided into a three-bit Link Selection Number (LSN) and an AB Signaling Plane Bit (Linkset Selection Code).
Typically, the SLC identifies a link within a linkset and has a value of 0 to 15. This SLC is referred to in this page as the CMU-SLC. However, in Japanese specifications, the 3-bit LSN is sometimes referred as SLC. This SLC is referred to in this page as the SLC.
To support this feature, the AB Plane Bit attribute has been added to the Linkset Basic Configuration screen with the following values:
- SLC Encoded (default value)
For information about configuring this attribute, see To configure linkset details.
Consider the following when configuring the AB Plane Bit attribute.
- When the A/B Plane Bit attribute is set to A or B, the given link's SLC value represents the 3-bit LSN.
- When the A/B Plane Bit attribute is set to SLC Encoded, the AB plane bit is encoded as part of the link's SLC value.
- When configuring F-Links with NTT SS7 Variant, only the A value is available as a selection for the AB Signaling Plane Bit attribute.
Configuring F-Links for Japanese Networks
Changing the link type for the NTT SS7 Variant from a non-F to F-Link automatically sets the AB Signaling Plane Bit attribute to A.
Changing the link type for the NTT SS7 Variant from and F to a non F-Link automatically sets the AB Signaling Plane Bit to SLC Encoded.
It is not possible to modify the the following when configuring F-Linksets:
- AB Plane Bit for non-TTC variants
- AB Plane Bit for active TTC linkset
- AB Plane Bit for TTC linkset that contains links
- For the NTT SS7 Variant, an F-Linkset cannot have the AB Plane Bit set to B.
- When changing the linkset type to an F-Linkset with a NTT SS7 Variant, the AB Plane Bit is automatically set to A.