Table of Contents
© 2021 Ribbon Communications Operating Company, Inc. © 2021 ECI Telecom Ltd. All rights reserved. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on this site is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws and treaty provisions and may not be used, copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way, without prior written consent of Ribbon Communications Inc.
The trademarks, logos, service marks, trade names, and trade dress (“look and feel”) on this website, including without limitation the RIBBON and RIBBON logo marks, are protected by applicable US and foreign trademark rights and other proprietary rights and are the property of Ribbon Communications Operating Company, Inc. or its affiliates. Any third-party trademarks, logos, service marks, trade names and trade dress may be the property of their respective owners. Any uses of the trademarks, logos, service marks, trade names, and trade dress without the prior written consent of Ribbon Communications Operating Company, Inc., its affiliates, or the third parties that own the proprietary rights, are expressly prohibited.
This document depicts the configuration details for Ribbon EdgeMarc 2900A interworking and compliance against Deutsche Telekom SIP Connect solution. This is a general reference document that requires user input during the configuration of Ribbon EdgeMarc 2900A.
This guide contains the following configuration sections:
- Captures general Ribbon EdgeMarc SBC configurations for deploying with Deutsche Telekom SIP Connect solution.
- Captures the Phonerlite configuration which is used as a Emulated PBX.
Deutsche Telekom is a telecommunications company that offers a range of fixed-network services, such as voice and data communication services based on fixed-network and broadband technology. They also sell terminal equipment, other hardware, and services to resellers.
It is not the goal of this guide to provide detailed configurations that will meet the requirements of every customer. Use this guide as a starting point and build the SBC configurations in consultation with network design and deployment engineers.
This is a technical document intended for telecommunications engineers with the purpose of configuring both the Ribbon SBCs and the third-party product.
Steps will require navigating the third-party product as well as the Ribbon product using graphical user interface (GUI) or command line interface (CLI).
Understanding of the basic concepts of TCP/UDP/TLS, IP/Routing, and SIP/RTP/SRTP is needed to complete the configuration and any necessary troubleshooting.
This configuration guide is offered as a convenience to Ribbon customers. The specifications and information regarding the product in this guide are subject to change without notice. All statements, information, and recommendations in this guide are believed to be accurate but are presented without warranty of any kind, express or implied, and are provided “AS IS”. Users must take full responsibility for the application of the specifications and information in this guide.
The following aspects are required before proceeding with the interop:
- Ribbon EdgeMarc 2900A SBC
- DT Digitalisierungsbox Premium
Product and Device Details
The following equipment and software were used for the sample configuration provided:
Equipment Software Version Ribbon EdgeMarc 2900A V15.7.0
Ribbon Communications Deutsche Telekom SIP Connect TR118 Third-party Equipment Phonerlite 2.48
Ribbon EdgeMarc 2900A
Network Topology Diagram
The following network topology diagram shows connectivity between DT SIP Connect and Ribbon EdgeMarc 2900A.
Section A: Ribbon EdgeMarc SBC Configuration
The following EdgeMarc configurations are included in this section:
- Login to EdgeMarc and change GUI and SSH Password.
- Optional: Connect with EdgeView by navigating to Admin > Services Configuration.
- Configure the network to use DHCP on primary WAN port.
- Navigate to VoIP > B2BUA Options, and select "Route all SIP signaling through B2BUA".
- This allows EdgeMarc to act as a back to back user agent and modify signaling exchange according to requirements.
4. SIP Settings
- Navigate to VoIP > SIP Settings to configure the SIP settings.
- Configure registrar FQDN as supplied. There is no need to select custom domain in this instance.
- Choose required transport protocol and port number for signaling.
- Check and confirm SIP connectivity is shown for proxy (and that there is name resolution since this requires DNS SRV lookup) under VoIP > Survivability.
- The SIP Server reachability configuration is optional.
- On the same screen, configure registration rate pacing behavior as provided by Softswitch / IP-PBX.
If you do not have SIP Server Redundancy Configuration (below) enabled and DNS SRV lookup, you will not see the multiple entries shown in the screenshot above.
6. B2BUA Trunking Configuration
- Navigate to VoIP > B2BUA to configure SIP Trunk on LAN to PBX and WAN to DT Registrar.
- In the test setup, PBX on LAN was the Phonerlite client on the laptop that had its IP address allocated by EM acting as DHCP server.
- The first set of credentials is for the REGISTER challenge to register the SIP trunk.
- The next part is for the INVITE challenge when trying to place calls over the SIP trunk.
- Action to send incoming calls to LAN PBX.
- Action for adding P-Preferred Identity Header to all calls going to the DT SIP Trunk (only needed if PBX is not already adding this).
- Match condition for sending all incoming calls to the LAN PBX.
- Action to add P-Preferred Identity Header to outgoing calls as required from LAN PBX to DT Trunk.
Section B: Emulated PBX Configuration
Phonerlite is used as an Emulated PBX in the current setup.
Supplementary Services and Features Coverage
The following checklist depicts the set of services/features covered through the configuration defined in this Interop Guide.
|2||Basic Inbound Call|
|3||Basic Outbound Call|
For any support related queries about this guide, contact your local Ribbon representative, or refer to the following details:
- Sales and Support: 1-833-742-2661
- Other Queries: 1-877-412-8867
- Website: https://ribboncommunications.com/about-us
For detailed information about Ribbon products and solutions, visit: https://ribboncommunications.com/products
For detailed information about Deutsche Telekom products and solutions, visit: https://www.telekom.com/
This Interoperability Guide describes a successful configuration covering Deutsche Telekom SIP Connect interop involving the Ribbon EdgeMarc SBC. All the necessary features and serviceability aspects stand covered as per the details provided in this interoperability document.
© 2021 Ribbon Communications Operating Company, Inc. © 2021 ECI Telecom Ltd. All rights reserved.