LX is available free of charge for all customers and partners with a license agreement.
Before You Begin
Before you can run Log Exchange (LX) you need to make sure that your machine meets the following minimum requirements:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7
- RAM 1GB
Important Upgrade Information
If you are upgrading your LX installation from a version earlier than 1.0.0 build 53, you must perform the following steps before installing your new LX application software:
- Uninstall the old version
- Reboot your computer
LX is available free of charge from the Sonus Customer/Partner Portal.
For Release Notes and File Download information, please visit the Global Services Toolbox.
To obtain the LX Installer:
- Login to the Global Support Portal
- Click the Software Downloads tab
- Click LX2.0 in the Software Bundle table
Click Request Download and fill out the form
Select the 64 bit support to analyze large log files.
- A download link will be emailed to you
- Save the
*.zipfile on your desktop or other convenient place
- LX supports remote syslogs over both UDP and TCP.
- If a firewall application is running on the installed machine, inbound traffic on UDP and TCP port 514 must be enabled. If another port is selected for receiving logs, then the firewall rules must be adjusted respectively.
Navigate to the directory where you stored the LX Installer (.zip).
- Unzip LX.
Double-click the Sonus LX Setup.exe() icon.
Click Next >.
Select a destination where the application will be installed or click Next > to install LX in the default location
Click Next >.
- Click Close. The installation is complete.
- From your PC, click Start > All Programs > Sonus.
- Click the
Double-click the LX icon on your desktop. LX icon.