The SBC application revert from version 5.1.0R000 to 5.0.0R000 and previous versions is performed using EMA under the following conditions:
- The firmware is not reverted back to an earlier version because it is backward compatible with earlier SBC versions.
- Any configurations performed after the upgrade will be lost after the Revert. Once the revert completes, the configuration rolls back to the time stamp in the 'Last Used' field.
- Once a revert is performed to a valid pre-5.0 SBC release, an upgrade to another pre-5.0 release is not supported. Upgrading to any other pre-5.0 releases requires the ConnexIP re-ISO installation. Refer to Re-Installing ConnexIP Operating System for SBC 5000 Series or Re-Installing ConnexIP Operating System for SBC 7000 Series for more information on ConnexIP re-ISO installation.
- The Revert procedure applies to SBC Upgrades only (both offline and LSWU); it does not apply to ConnexIP ISO or SBC installations.
- Perform an upgrade from 4.2.x to 5.1.x version.
- Execute a Revert from 5.1.x back to 4.2.x version.
- Perform an LSWU upgrade from reverted 4.2.x to 5.1.x version.
Make sure the SBC Application packages are reloaded to /opt/sonus/external directory, prior to performing/executing step 3 in the above scenario.
This procedure is service impacting.
If you face any errors/issues while upgrading the Standby SBC (as the upgrade process is triggered on the Standby SBC first), this Revert functionality helps you to downgrade the Standby SBC to its original version without any data loss.
The Revert procedure is not supported on SBC 5100 or SBC SWe.
The Revert procedure reverts only the SBC application and not the ePSX application.
The following procedure describes the SBC Core application revert using the EMA:
Launch the EMA. See Logging On to EMA in Platform Mode for guidance.
You may launch the EMA in either the active or standby server.
Verify the versions in Monitoring > Dashboard > System and Software Info.
Navigate to Administration > System Administration screen.
Click Revert Software Version.
The Revert Software Version screen is shown. This displays the System or Partition for the current version and the older version.
- Click on to start the revert.
A confirmation message appears on the screen. Click Ok to proceed.
The Revert Software application simultaneously reverts both the Active (WFDSBC01a) and Standby (WFDSBC01b) server. On continuing with revert, the upgraded server(s) will reboot and come up with earlier release. During this process browser session will be lost and need to re-login.
The Revert Software starts and changes the boot version to earlier version in both the active and standby server. For example, in this case it is 04.02.03R000 version. You can see the revert status in the Log section.
Once you see Rebooting message in the logs, log out from the EMA.
The revert operation takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete.
Launch the Platform Manager using the default credentials.
Beginning with 5.0 release, the Platform Manager is integrated into the EMA and hereafter referred to as EMA Platform Mode. So once it is reverted back to 3.x/4.x release, you may only use Platform Manager tool for further upgrades.
Verify the revert software versions in Platform > Software Versions.
The roles of Active and Standby server may interchange depends upon the server, which is booting first. In this case, WFDSBC01b completed the rebooting first and became active.