Sonus-provided SFP modules must be used to guarantee proper operation of the external ports. Failure to follow this recommendation may cause permanent damage to the system.
The SBC 5000 series supports the following Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) transceivers in all the Media and HA ports. SFPs are Customer Replaceable Units (CRU).
|Transceiver Type||Product Code||SFP Type||Manufacturers Part Number||Wavelength (nm)||Tx Power (dBM)||Rx Power (dBM)
|AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES AFBR‐5715PZSN1, BROADCOM AFBR‐5715PZ‐SN1, FINISAR FTLF8519P2BNL‐SS, FINISAR FTLF8519P3BNL‐SS||850||-9.5 (Min)||-3 (Max)||-17||0||GIG-E, MULTI-MODE, FIBER OPTIC TRANSCEIVER MODULE, LC, SMALL FORM PLUGGABLE (SFP), 300M|
|Single-mode fiber||SBC‐5XXXSFPSM||1G Ethernet SM||
AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES AFCT‐5715PZSN1, BROADCOM AFCT‐5715PZSN1,
|1310||-9.5 (Min)||-3 (Max)||-19||-3||
GIG-E, SINGLE MODE, FIBER OPTIC TRANSCEIVER MODULE, LC, SMALL FORM PLUGGABLE (SFP), 10KM 1310NM, DMI
|Copper||SBC-5XXX-SFPCOPPER||1G Ethernet Copper||AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES ABCU-5740RZ-SN1, BROADCOM ABCU-5740RZ-SN1, FINISAR FCLF8521P2BTL-SS||NA||NA||NA||NA||NA||GIG-E, 1000 BASE-T SMALL FORM PLUGGABLE (SFP)|
These numbers are taken from Vendor Datasheets.
To replace SFPs, use the procedure Replacing the SFP below.
Parts and Tools Required
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) strap
- Replacement SFP transceivers.
Replacing the SFP
Perform the following procedure to replace the SFP:
- Attach an ESD wrist strap using the ESD grounding point on the rear panel of the chassis (see Connecting Electrostatic Discharge Wrist Strap for details).
Disconnect the fiber optic and/or Cat 5 cables, as appropriate, from media ports (Media 0-4) and HA ports (HA 0-1).
Disengage the SFP transceiver from SBC 5000 series. The method used to disengage the SFP transceiver will vary according to the manufacturer. For example, hold the wire latch and move it downwards to the horizontal position and pull it outwards, as shown below.
The SBC chassis contains four media ports and the SBC chassis two media ports.
Insert the Sonus-approved SFP transceiver into the desired socket and ensure that the latch mechanism engages.
- Reconnect the fiber optic and/or Cat 5 cables, as appropriate, to media and HA ports.
- Verify LEDs above the part are flashing indicating link status and data activity.
- Verify port functionality using the application.
All SBC 5000 series CRUs are shipped in electrostatic discharge bags and should be handled using appropriate ESD precautions.
The storage environment for these CRUs are:
- Humidity must be less than 95% (non-condensing).
- Temperature must be between -40C and +70C.