Slots 1 through 4 of the SBC 7000 series chassis contains DSP-LC (Large Capacity) cards.
- Each DSP-LC card contains 28 DSP Devices.
- Each DSP Device contains 8 Core Signal Processors.
- Each Core Signal processor can handle many simultaneous media streams of processing.
The DSP-LC product code is SBC-7000-DSP-LC.
Parts and Tools Required
The following items are needed to replace a DSP-LC card:
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) strap
- Replacement DSP-LC
- A #2 Phillips-head screwdriver
Replacing the DSP-LC Card
To replace a DSP-LC card:
Disable the DSP-LC card via EMA GUI (All > System > Daughter Board Admin > State (Disabled)).
- Attach an Electrostatic Discharge wrist strap by using the ESD grounding point on the back panel of the chassis (see Connecting Electrostatic Discharge Wrist Strap on SBC 7000 for details).
Unscrew the thumb screws using #2 Phillips-head screwdriver, open the release levers on each side and pull the DSP-LC card.
- To replace, insert the new DSP-LC card to the correct slot and push it completely.
- Close the release levers.
- Tighten the thumb screws using #2 Phillips-head screwdriver.
- Enable the DSP-LC card via EMA GUI (All > System > Daughter Board Admin > State (Enabled)).
Field Programmable Gate Array
The DSP-LC module includes a Field-Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) that may occasionally require reprogramming. Generally, reprogramming is fully autonomous and occurs during the application start process. If the FPGA update is required, expect an additional 1-2 minutes added per DSP-LC card present to the length of a normal application start process. For some older versions of the FPGA image, reprogramming requires user intervention.
Log messages pertaining to FPGA reprogramming are stored in the following files:
- sbx_start.log_<timestamp> file located in
/var/log/sonus/sbx/openclovisdirectory. This file contains all logs related to system startup as well as a log of other scripts that call this FPGA reprogramming utility.
If the following error is logged, refer to the Method Of Procedure SBC 7000 DSP-LC FPGA Upgrade to update the DSP-LC card.:
All SBC 7000 series CRUs are shipped in electrostatic discharge (ESD) bags and must be handled by using appropriate ESD precautions. The storage environment for these CRUs are:
- Humidity must be less than 95% (non-condensing).
- Temperature must be between -40C and +70C.