Sonus-provided SFP/SFP+ modules must be used to guarantee proper operation of the external ports. Failure to follow this recommendation may cause permanent damage to the system.
1 Gb SFP Parts
The SBC 7000 series supports the following Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP/SFP+) transceivers. SFPs (SFP/SFP+) are Customer Replaceable Units (CRU).
The following SFP transceivers are compatible with SBC 7000 series Management ports:
These numbers are taken from Vendor Datasheets as well as IEEE 802.3ae for the 1G parts.
10 Gb SFP Parts
The following SFP+ transceivers are compatible with SBC 7000 series Media and HA ports:
|Transceiver Type||Product Code||SFP Type||Manufacturers Part Number||Wavelength (nm)||Tx Power (dBM)||Rx Power (dBM)
AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES AFBR‐709SMZSN1, BROADCOM AFBR‐709SMZ‐SN1, FINISAR FTLX8571D3BCL‐SS, FINISARFTLX8574D3BCL‐SS
|850||-7.9 (Min)||-1 (Max)||-11.1 (Min)||0.5 (Max)||
10.3 GB/S, MULTIMODE, FIBER OPTIC XCVR, LC, SFP, 300M 850NM, DMI GIG-E, SINGLE MODE, FIBER OPTIC TRANSCEIVER MODULE
|10G Ethernet SM||AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES AFCT‐709SMZSN1, AVAGO TECHNOLOGIES AFCT739SMZ‐SN1, BROADCOM AFCT‐709SMZSN1, BROADCOM AFCT‐739SMZ‐SN1, FINISAR FTLX1471D3BCL‐SS||1310||-8.2 (Min)||0.5 (Max)||-12.6 (Min)||0.5 (Max)||10.3 GB/S, SINGLE MODE, FIBER OPTIC XCVR, LC, SFP, 10KM 1310NM, DM|
These numbers are taken from Vendor Datasheets as well as IEEE 802.3ae for the 10G parts.
Parts and Tools Required
The following items are needed to install/replace a SFP/SFP+ device:
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) strap
- Replacement SFP/SFP+ transceivers.
Replacing the SFP/SFP+
To replace the SFP/SFP+:
- Attach an Electrostatic Discharge wrist strap by using the ESD grounding point on the back panel of the chassis. Follow the instructions in the section Connecting Electrostatic Discharge Wrist Strap on SBC 7000.
- Disconnect the fiber optic and/or Cat 5 cables, as appropriate, from media ports (Media 0-4) and HA ports (HA 0-1).
Disengage the SFP/SFP+ transceiver from SBC 7000 series. The method used to disengage the SFP/SFP+ transceiver will vary according to the manufacturer. For example, hold the wire latch and move it downwards to the horizontal position and pull it outwards.
Insert the Sonus-approved SFP/SFP+ transceiver into the desired socket and ensure that the latch mechanism engages.
- Reconnect the fiber optic and/or Cat 5 cables, as appropriate, to media and HA ports.
- Verify LEDs above the part are flashing indicating link status and data activity.
Verify port functionality by using the application.
All SBC 7000 series CRUs are shipped in electrostatic discharge bags and should be handled using appropriate ESD precautions.
The storage environment for these CRUs are:
- Humidity must be less than 95% (non-condensing).
- Temperature must be between -40C and +70C.