The front Bezel is a Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU). The purpose of the Bezel is to encase the replaceable air filter and to identify the LED status indicators (Power, Status, Active, Alarm, Locator) on the front panel of the chassis, as shown in Figures 1. The Bezel product code is SBC-7000-BEZEL.
Parts and Tools Required
The following items are needed to install/replace the bezel:
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) strap
- Replacement Bezel (if swapping out the Bezel)
Removing/Replacing the Bezel
The Bezel is hot-swappable that is, it can be removed without powering down the SBC chassis.
Perform the following procedure to replace the bezel:
- Attach an Electrostatic Discharge wrist strap to the rear grounding point on the back panel of the chassis. Follow the instructions in the section Connecting Electrostatic Discharge Wrist Strap on SBC 7000.
- The bezel is fixed to the chassis via four ball studs, one in each corner. Place your hands around the top portion of the bezel and gently pull until the ball stud mounts disengage. Once the top side is free, move your hands toward the bottom then pull gently.
- Install the replacement Bezel assembly by aligning the ball stud mounts to the receiving sockets, and then gently pushing the Bezel until it is secured to the chassis.
All SBC 7000 series CRUs are shipped in electrostatic discharge bags and must be handled by using appropriate ESD precautions.
The storage environment for the CRUs are:
- Humidity must be less than 95% (non-condensing)
- Temperature must be between -40C and +70C