Use the Peer window to configure the Diameter peers for a specified Diameter node.
To View Peers
On the SBC main screen, navigate to All > Address Context > Diam Node > Peer.
The Peer window is displayed. You can use the drop-down boxes to filter the list for a specific Address Context and Diam Node.
To Create a Peer
To create a new Peer:
You must select the specific Address Context and Diam Node for which you want to create a Peer. This selection makes the New Peer option available.
Click New Peer. The Create New Peer window is displayed.
- Use the following table to configure the options and then click Save.
Specifies the logical name of this peer. The value ranges up to 23 characters.
Specifies whether this peer should be enabled or not. The options are:
IP Address V4 or V6
Specifies the type of IP Address to be added for this Peer.
Specifies that the local identity will be presented in Fully Qualified Domain Name
(FQDN) format. The value ranges up to 128 characters.
Specifies the TCP port number of this peer. The values ranges from 1 to 65535 and the default value is 3868.
Device Watchdog Timer
The SBC sends Device Watchdog Requests according to the configured Device Watchdog Timer value.
Device Watchdog Timer Answer Timeout
If a Device Watchdog Request is not replied to by a Device Watchdog Answer before the Device Watchdog Timer Answer Timeout timer expires, the SBC considers a Peer as down.
If this parameter is configured as Honor-reply-order, diameter session creation across multiple IP connections under this peer honor the order of the IP addresses that are returned in the DNS reply, starting from the first one.
To Edit a Peer
To edit a Peer in the list:
- Click the radio button next to the specific Peer name. The Edit Selected Peer window opens.
- Make any required changes and click Save.
To Copy a Peer
To copy a Peer:
- Click the radio button next to the specific Peer name.
- Click Copy Peer. The Copy Selected Peer window opens.
- Make any required changes to the copy and click Save.
To Delete a Peer
To delete a Peer:
- Click the radio button next to the name of the Peer that you want to delete.
- Click the Delete icon (X) at the end of the row.
- Confirm the deletion when prompted.