The SBC EMA provides the ability to generate a system backup file. The user can restore the configuration files from the storage location. During this process, the system will restart and the user has to re-login, once the system is up and running. This is useful if you upgrade the SBC EMA and need to reload the old configurations.
SBC provides an option to upload back-up files from an external source. Earlier, due to security reasons, it was impossible to upload any back-up files to the SBC via EMA or EMA Platform Mode.
For any reason, if you wish to re-install the SBC Application, take a back-up of the application to restore it when needed. The back-up files can now be stored in an external source.
Re-installing a SBC system from an ".iso" image followed by restoring SBC configuration from a tar.gz backup file may lead to loss of encrypted configuration parameters in the following scenarios:
- re-installing a standalone SBC from an ".iso" image followed by restoring SBC configuration from a "tar.gz" backup file
- re-installing both nodes in an HA SBC pair from an ".iso" image followed by restoring SBC configuration from a "tar.gz" backup file
Activities like replacing a single node in an HA pair (as an RMA for example) or re-installing a single node in an HA pair at a time are safe. The node that has just been re-installed will take the current configuration from the active node.
For details please refer to Sonus Warning: Warning-17-00022737.
All the back-up files should start with the naming convention:
- "config_<System_Name>_<File_Name>", and should end with ".tar.gz"
- "auto_backup_config_<System_Name>_<File_Name>", and should end with ".tar.gz"
For example: "config_SBC001_BackupFile1.tar.gz" or "auto_backup_config_SBC001_BackupFile1.tar.gz".
The SBC stores up to 10 manual and seven automatic backup files.
Perform the following tasks to Restore the system:
Select Administration > System Administration > Backup/Restore.
- Highlight the file from the list of Last Backup which you want to restore.
Click Restore. A confirmation message is displayed seeking your permission to load the selected configuration and to restart the applications on active/standby servers as shown below:
Click OK to load the selected configuration file and to restart the applications on both Active and Standby servers.