The SSREQ main window is shown below.
- New—Click New to load the default.xml file which contains sample values.
- Open—Click Open to open the Open dialog box where you specify the file you want to load.
- Save—Click Save to save the latest changes to the current file. If the default.xml file is the current file, the Save As dialog box opens automatically to prevent you from overwriting the original file.
- Save As—Click Save As to open the Save As dialog box where you name or rename the current file to be saved.
- Set Default Directory—You can set a default directory for storing saved SSREQ data files (*.xml). When you click Save to save a file, or Open to open a saved file, the default directory is accessed.
- Properties—Click Properties to open a dialog box where you can specify a description for a file you want to save. When the file is opened at a later date, the description may be helpful in understanding the purpose of the file.
- Server—Select Server to open the Configure Server Attributes dialog box which contains fields to specify the receiving PSX for requests. The Server configuration is saved when the SSReq file is saved.
The version menu displays the SSReq GUI version number.
The navigation panel contains folders for the policy request and response, trigger requests and responses, download requests and responses, and policy mid-call actions and responses.
When you select an option from the navigation panel, the corresponding screens appear in the detail panel. For requests, this is where you input the desired information to send in the request. For responses, this is where the response data appears.
Present Check Box
If a field has a Present check box, it is an optional field. You must check the Present check box to have the field included in the request.
The Button panel includes three buttons:
- Submit—Clicking the Submit button sends the current simulated request to the specified PSX.
- Clear—Clicking the Clear button clears the request fields.
- Clear Status Display—Clicking the Clear Status Display button clears the status display panel.
The call trace panel displays call trace information for the specific simulated call. Call tracing is enabled by default. Each time a new, successful call trace is received, the old contents are overwritten.
Status Display Panel
The status display panel shows the status of actions such as:
- Opening an *.xml file
- Submitting a request
- Connecting to a server.
For details, refer to Status Display.