After downloading the SBC from Salesforce, use a checksum calculator (freely available from many third-party vendors) to ensure that the number of bits transmitted is same as the number of bits in your downloaded file. The example used here is available from Sigma Informatics, but Sonus does not specifically endorse or recommend any particular third-party application.
To calculate the checksum, perform the following steps:
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen shown in Figure 1 and select the appropriate version for your local computer. Click the file to download.
Unbundle/extract the downloaded files.
Locate the extracted files. Launch the hash_calc_x application.
- Browse and select the
sbc<version>.isoarchive file (this is the large file from Downloading the Software from Salesforce).
- Click md5. Click Calculate. After several seconds, a Checksum value will appear.
- Locate the file you downloaded from Salesforce with the MD5 File type. Open this file with a text editor, and copy only the hex characters from the beginning of the line.
- Paste into the Original Checksum field, and then click Compare.
- The following message must appear: "Checksums are identical!" If this step reports an error, STOP HERE and do the following:
- Repeat the steps to download the files from Downloading the Software from Salesforce.
- Repeat the steps to verify the checksum