When the M-SBC cluster configuration is activated, configuration for the new nodes are activated.
An SBC SWe configuration can have both default and candidate versions. You can activate the candidate configuration immediately or schedule its activation. An archive of backup configuration versions is also available.
Instead of redistributing the complete SBC Node configuration to the nodes when modified, the SBC SWe distributes the partial configuration to the nodes.
Creating Candidate Configuration for M-SBC Cluster
To create candidate configuration for M-SBC cluster:
- Log on to EMS as admin user
- Under Network Mgmnt, click Cluster / VNF Management. The Cluster/VNF Management window is displayed.
Select a cluster to create configuration.
Click Configurations tab. The Cluster pane is displayed.
Select the Default configuration. The configuration pane is displayed.
Click Create Candidate Configuration. The Master Configurator drop-down menu is displayed.
Click Load Editor. A circular progress bar is displayed against the Master Configurator node.
When the Master Configurator node is loaded, the Open Editor button is displayed next to the Master Configurator node.
Click Open Editor. The SBC Configuration Manager window is displayed.
- Make the necessary SBC configuration changes. For more information on SBC configuration, refer to EMA User Guide.
- Click View Changes to view the configuration changes between the current configuration and the previously activated configuration.
Click Apply Saved Changes and Close. A circular progress bar is displayed.
The following screen is displayed when the candidate configuration is created.
You can perform one from the following:
- For creating CDC configuration, refer to the Creating Call Data Channel for M-SBC section in Creating and Activating LI Configuration for M-SBC
- For editing the CDC configuration, proceed to Editing CDC using EMS CALEA User Account.
Editing CDC using EMS CALEA User Account
For LI, the CDC configuration is performed using the CDC Configuration Manager through the EMS. You can Create CDC information only as EMS
calea user from the EMS CDC configuration window.
To edit CDC for cloud M-SBC nodes:
- Log on to EMS as
caleauser. For information, refer to Enabling Lawful Intercept on EMS Standalone.
- Under Network Management, click Lawful Intercept. The Lawful Intercept CDC Provisioning window is displayed.
Click Cluster CDC tab. The Cluster CDC pane is displayed.
- Select the M-SBC cluster with locked Configurator node.
Click Launch CDC Configuration Manager. The SBC Configuration Manager window is displayed.
Navigate to Configuration > Intercept > Call Data Channel > Mediation Server > Media > TCP. The TCP window is displayed.
Select default from the Address Context drop-down menu.
Select the Call Data Channel from the drop-down menu.
Select the Mediation Server from the drop-down menu.
- Disable the mediation server by changing the State as Disabled and Mode as Out Of Service.
- Click Save. The object is Updated Successfully.
- Make the required changes.
Enable the mediation server by changing the State as Enabled and Mode as In Service.
Click Save. The object is Updated Successfully.
Click Apply Saved Changes and Close.
Activate the Candidate configuration (Proceed to Activating Candidate Configuration).
Activating Candidate Configuration
To activate a candidate configuration for M-SBC:
- Log on to EMS as admin user.
- Under Network Management, click Cluster / VNF Management. The Cluster/VNF Management window is displayed.
Select the M-SBC cluster for which the configuration is edited.
Click Configuration tab. The Configuration pane is displayed.
In Configuration Role column, select the default configuration role to activate.
Click Activate Configuration.
The configuration is activated to the nodes in the cluster.