This section provides details for mounting SBC 5400 chassis in a 19 inch 4-post rack.
Installing Rack Rail Guides and Rack Rear Supports
The Rack Rail Guides and Rack Rear Supports are universal and can be installed either on the left or the right side of the rack.
- Align the bottom of the Rack Rail Guide with the mark on front rail of the rack and secure loosely with (2) #10-32X5/8" Cup Head screws at the top-most and at the bottom-most racking slots. Repeat the same procedure for the opposite side.
- Align the bottom of the Rack Rear Support with the mark on the rear rail of the rack, making sure the Rack Rear Supports remain outside the Rack Rail Guides and secure it with (2) #10-32X5/8" Cup Head screws at the top-most and at the bottom-most racking slots. Repeat the same procedure for the opposite side.
- Secure the Rack Rear Support to Rack Rail Guide using (4) #8-32X1/4" Truss Head screws, utilizing the forward-most and the rear-most integrated nut locations in the Rack Rail Guide available within slots in Rack Rear Supports. Repeat the same procedure for the opposite side.
- Finish securing the Rack Mount Brackets and Rack Rear Supports to the rack by tightening the (8) #10-32X5/8" Cup Head screws.
For racks with #12-24, open square, or open round holes, slide #10-32 U-Nut over rail and align concentric with top-most and bottom-most mounting holes with nut portion protruding from inside surface of rail.
Installing Chassis into the Slide Rack Assembly
Due to the size and weight of the system, never attempt to install the system by yourself.
- Lift the system to align the Chassis Rails with Rack Rail Guides and slide the chassis into the Rack Rail Guides to ensure that each Chassis Rail is engaged in its respective Rack Rail Guide.
- Push the Chassis fully into Rack Rail Guides, until the Chassis Rack Ears are in full contact with the front surface of Rack Rail Guides.
- Secure the Chassis with (4) #10-32 X5/8" Cup Head screws at the top-most and at the bottom-most racking slots in the Chassis Rack Ear.