Upgrading from an SBC 3.1.x/4.x to SBC 6.2.x involves:
Upgrading Firmware (not applicable to SBC SWe)
Upgrading SBC Application
The Standalone and HA upgrade flows below are are shown for general guidance. Actual software and firmware versions may vary depending upon the upgrade path:
Standalone Upgrade To 6.2.x
For standalone SBC installations, if the application is stopped prior to the upgrade, it will fail. Do not stop the SBX application prior to upgrades from the SBC release 4.x. Ensure that the application is UP.
HA Upgrade To 6.2.x
In the case of an HA pair SBC Platform Manager upgrade, refer to the following procedure:
- Make sure the SBC configuration is in sync between the SBCs.
- Stop the SBC application on the standby SBC. Keep the other SBC running as Active.
- Upgrade the running Active SBC.
- Once the Active SBC is fully upgraded and fully running as Active, proceed to the next step.
- For Hardware based SBC's, "Power Off Server - Orderly Shutdown" the Active SBC using the BMC. In the case of a SWe SBC, power off the SBC by issuing "poweroff" command as user root.
- Start the SBC application on the Standby SBC (still on old version). It will become Active. Wait until it is fully running as Active.
- Upgrade the running SBC.
- Wait until the SBC is fully upgraded and fully running as Active.
- Power on the other SBC.
As for any other upgrade, it is recommended to take a full configuration backup prior running the upgrade.