Beginning with SBC Core release 7.0, the SBC is configured in legacy license mode by default. The “local” and “network” options for license mode that were supported for SBC SWe in prior releases are being phased out. Options to change license mode through the CLI or EMA are no longer available as of release 7.0. Although some references to local license mode remain in documentation, the CLI, or the EMA UI, local license mode is not supported.
If your SBC SWe deployment was configured to use network license mode in a prior release, the tools to monitor and configure network-mode licensing remain available in release 7.0, but will be phased out in the future. Information needed to maintain network license mode is still provided. Contact your Ribbon Sales Representative for more information and assistance in updating your license.
The network-wide licensing method uses licenses supplied by a centralized licensing server running within the EMS. The SBC must already be configured in network license mode prior to using this procedure.
- SWE-INSTANCE and SBC-RTU licenses are mandatory when configuring S-SBC instances for call admission.
- The SWE-INSTANCE license is the only license required for launching an M-SBC instance. Do not specify any other software licenses in the required license table when configuring the M-SBC instance. For more information on configuring SBC instances from the EMS, refer to "Creating an SBC SWe Cluster" in the EMS documentation.
To configure D-SBC SWe for network wide licensing:
- Log on to EMS SWe.
- In Element Management, click SBC Manager. The SBC Manager window displays.
- Select SBC 5X00 from the Device Types drop-down.
Select the D-SBC instance from the list appearing in the left pane. The SBC Configuration Manager page displays.
- On the navigation pane, click License Management > Network License Settings > License Server. The License Server page displays.
- Click + New License Server. The Create New License Server section displays.
- Enter Server Name.
- Enter Priority.
- Enter Server Address.
The "Object created successfully" message displays.
If using redundant EMS (EMS GR), create a license server for each EMS instance, with priority 1 for the source EMS and priority 2 for the target EMS.
- On the navigation pane, click License Management > Network License Settings > Required License. The RequiredLicense page displays.
- In the Required License List section, click + New Required License. The Create New Required License section displays.
Select the required license from the Feature Name drop-down.
Depending on the license selected, you may be prompted to enter the Min Count and Max Count.
The "Required License created successfully" message displays.
Select Administration > System Administration > Platform Management and click Restart SBC Application.
After application restarts, click License Info List section to view the configured license information.
For more license information, refer to Managing SBC Licenses.
For more information on Alarms, refer to Licensing Alarms for SBC SWe Cloud.