Perform the following tests, at a minimum, after completing the SBC hardware installation.
Power Redundancy Test
This test should only be performed when two power supplies are installed in the SBC chassis.
Do not test the power redundancy by physically removing a power supply. Never remove a power supply that is powered up.
Accomplish the steps below to perform a power redundancy test.
- Pull the AC cord or the fuse for DC, for the TOP power supply. Verify that the server retains power. Plug the cord/fuse back in.
- Pull the AC cord or the fuse for DC, for the BOTTOM power supply. Verify that the server retains power. Plug the cord/fuse back in.
Cabling and Link Light Test
Accomplish the steps below to verify cabling and link lights.
- Verify the MGMT0 and MGMT1 IP ports are cabled and the link lights are green.
- Verify the FSP IP port is cabled and the link light is green.
- Verify the Media Ports are cabled.
- For HA systems, ensure that the HA ports are cabled from Unit 1 to Unit 2, and the link lights are green.