The SBC enforces bi-lateral agreements where two carriers agree on the set of signaling they will mutually support.
- The requirements specified in the section "Background Information and Dependencies" under Minimal Out-Of-The-Box Configuration are met.
- Ports and IP Interface Groups have been configured as described in NNI: Complex route selection.
- Ingress/egress signalling filters are configured.
- SIP Message content manipulation is enabled.
Figure : Bi-Lateral Agreement Enforcement
- The peering SBC ensures that the correct aspects and interpretations of the SIP protocol are used between carriers.
- Operators have different SIP "flavors" and the SBC plays a role in ensuring that each side receives the correct SIP headers/content/formats they expect.