The SBC supports encryption across the access and core networks.
- Refer to the background information in Basic Service Availability - DNS.
- The SBC supports various encryption protocols such as TLS, IPsec and SRTP.
- Since the peers are trusted in the core network, encryption protocols may not be necessary on this side.
Figure : Encryption support
- IADs may use secure paths, such as TLS, IPsec and SRTP for encryption.
- The SBC performs scaling as each end point requires a separate connection/tunnel. With support for encryption protocols, the SBC transmits the message to the core network.
DTLS Crypto Suites
Refer to TLS for Signaling for details.
SRTP Crypto Suites
Refer to SRTP for Media for details.