Unlike a Controlled Partition Upgrade, the UX provides a "One-Step Upgrade" solution which automatically upgrades the currently inactive partition, makes it active, and and boots the UX from the newly upgraded partition. NET recommends using this One-Step Upgrade operation after Running Initial Setup, or during scheduled downtime.
You must follow the instructions outlined in the general UX Upgrade guide before you proceed with the steps outlined on this page. The general upgrade guide includes important prerequisites for UX systems with a built-In Application Solution Module (ASM), and also describes which firmware files to use depending on the UX Model you are using.
Automatically Upgrading the UX Software/Firmware Version
To automatically upgrade the UX software:
- In the WebUI, click the Tasks tab.
- In the left navigation pane, under the System, click Firmware Upgrade.
- Under Select File, click the Browse button and select the UX firmware file listed in the general UX Upgrade guide to upload.
- Click OK - the following warning popup will be dispatched:
- Click OK to upload the new firmware. Do not close or navigate away from the browser window
Throughout the upload process, the web interface will dispatch a series of status messages: click image thumbnails to see them in full resolutionDepending on the size of the firmware, it may take up to 10 minutes to upgrade the inactive partition.(1) Uploading UX Firmware →
(less than a min)(2) Upgrading Inactive Partition →
(approx. 8 mins)(3) Partition Successfully Upgraded
(System Automatically Reboots)