If your environment has Windows Server (2008) with Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) installed, you can use it to request a signed certificate.
Requesting a Signed Certificate using a Windows AD CS
Before you begin: You will need to generate a certificate signing requests.
- Using a Web Browser, go to your Windows AD CS hosted site — typically
- Click the Request a certificate link:
- Click advanced certificate request
- Paste the Certificate Signing Request in the Saved Request text field
- Select Web Server from the Certificate Template drop-down menu.
- Click Submit. You will be presented with a screen to download the signed certificate:
- Select either DER encoded or Base 64 encoded - each option will the determine how the certificate will be imported on the UX
- If you select the DER option, use the File Upload mode when importing.
- if you select the Base 4 option, use the Copy and Paste mode when importing.
- Click the Download certificate chain link.
- Save the file to your desktop or other convenient location.