You must follow the instructions outlined in the general UX Upgrade guide before you proceed with the steps outlined on this page. The general upgrade guide includes important prerequisites for UX systems with a built-In Application Solution Module (ASM), and also describes which firmware files to use depending on the UX Model you are using.
To upgrade the inactive partition:
- In the WebUI, click the Settings tab.
- In the left navigation pane, go to System > Software Management > Application Partitions.
- Make note of the inactive partition number you are upgrading the firmware to (the table entry listed without a tick mark under the 'Active Partition' column)
This will be important towards the end when verifying the last upload status of the inactive partition.
- Click the Upload Firmware link located on the top right hand side of the pane - a popup window will be dispatched:
- Under Select File, click the Browse button and select the UX firmware file listed in the general UX Upgrade guide to upload. Click OK.
Throughout the upload process, the web interface will dispatch a series of status messages: click image thumbnails to see them in full resolutionDepending on the size of the patch, it may take up to 10 minutes to upgrade the inactive partition.(1) Uploading UX Firmware →
(less than a min)(2) Upgrading Inactive Partition →
(approx. 8 mins)
(3) Partition Successfully Upgraded
- Once the upgrade has completed, click the Close button to dismiss the popup window.
- On the partition page, verify the Last Upload Status associated with the inactive partition is listed as Success.
At this stage, the inactive partition is upgraded to the the new firmware without rebooting the UX system and without interrupting active call services.
If you wish to boot your UX from this partition, you must set it as the active partition.