This document describes the standard, recommended procedure for upgrading to Sonus SBC 1000/2000 3.0.x.
Before You Begin
You will need current software maintenance to perform the upgrade.
- Read the release notes for the version of Sonus SBC 1000/2000 you are upgrading to and the associated upgrade notes. The upgrade notes (in particular) contain important information that may be relevant to your Sonus SBC 1000/2000 configuration. A newer version of Sonus SBC 1000/2000 may have different requirements than the previous version.
- Make sure that your environment still complies with the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 requirements and supported platforms.
The End of Support Announcements for Sonus SBC 1000-2000 page also has important information regarding platform support for future versions of Sonus SBC 1000/2000.
- You must Backup your Sonus SBC 1000/2000 data in the unlikely event that you encounter an issue with your Sonus SBC 1000/2000 upgrade and need to 'roll back' by downgrading back.
We recommend you rename the backup filename to indicate the current software version and build number. For example, rename the backup to
sbc-2.2.0-b175.tar.gzif you are currently running a Sonus SBC 1000/2000 version 2.2.0 build 175.
- In the event of new alarms raised after upgrading the Sonus SBC 1000/2000, ensure you have no outstanding alarms before upgrading the Sonus SBC 1000/2000. To clear alarm(s), follow the instructions outlined in Acting on Displayed Alarms.
- If you have any problems with your production upgrade which you cannot resolve, create an issue at our support site so that we can assist you.
Performing the Upgrade
Refer to the appropriate upgrade instructions below for your Sonus SBC 1000/2000 hardware configuration:
Upgrading Sonus SBC 1000/2000 with a Built-in ASM
To ensure the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 can communicate with the ASM, you must always upgrade the SBC Communication Service before upgrading the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 software.
The ASM may become unavailable if you upgrade the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 firmware before upgrading the ASM SBC Communication Service.
Follow these steps to upgrade the SBC Communication Service:
- From the Sonus SBC 1000-2000 Download Center, download the SBC Communication Service update — file name
uxcommsvc-release-A.B.C.zip, where A.B.C refers to the version you are upgrading to.
- Open the
.zipfile and unpack it to a temporary folder. This will produce a
- Apply this SBC Communication Service update by following the instructions outlined in Installing an ASM Package.
- To ensure the SBC Communication Service was properly updated, verify the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 Communication Service Version has changed to the intended version.
You now may proceed with upgrading the Sonus SBC 1000/2000, follow the instructions below
Upgrading Sonus SBC 1000/2000
- From the Sonus SBC 1000-2000 Download Center, download the sbc1000-release-a.b.c.buildx.img file where a.b.c indicates the version number you are upgrading to.
- The file is found within the SBC1k2k-a.b bundle.
- Unlike past releases, all upgrade packages use
.imgfiles. Substitute sbc2000 for sbc1000 as appropriate.
- Select the desired Sonus SBC 1000/2000 upgrade method:
- Ensure Sonus SBC 1000/2000 has upgraded by verifying the running Sonus SBC 1000/2000 software version.
Congratulations, you have completed upgrading the Sonus SBC 1000/2000! Proceed with the #Upgrade Check List
Post-upgrade Check List
- You must clear your web browser cache before you login to Sonus SBC 1000/2000
- Perform a backup of your data on the new Sonus SBC 1000/2000 version. Similarly to the backup preformed in step 3 of the #Before You Begin section above, we recommend you rename the backup filename to indicate the current software version and build number.
- Ensure there are no new alarms generated after the upgrade. In the event of finding new alarms, address what is causing them.