- Upgrades of the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 boot partition are infrequent and - in general - end users should not need to perform this procedure.
- If you are unsure whether or not your Sonus SBC 1000/2000 requires a boot code upgrade, see the upgrade notes for your version of the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 software.
Changing the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 Boot Image disrupts call services on the Sonus SBC 1000/2000, when the restart required to make the upgrade effective is performed, and should only be completed during a scheduled service outage.
To upgrade the Boot Image:
- In the WebUI, click the Settings tab.
In the left navigation pane, go to System > Software Management > Boot Partition.
Click the Upload Boot Imagelink located on the top right hand side of the pane.
- Under Select File, click the Browse button and select the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 Boot image to which you wish to upgrade.
Throughout the upload process, the web interface will dispatch a series of status messages: click image thumbnails to see them in full resolution(1) Upgrading the Boot Image
(approx. 2 mins)(2) Boot Image
- Once the upgrade has completed, click Close.
On the Boot Partition page, verify that the Last Upload Status is listed as Success
After the Boot Image is successfully upgraded, you must reboot the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 for the changes to take effect.