The SBC 1000/2000 allows you to import partial configurations from another SBC 1000/2000. This feature allows the system administrator to configure one or more units rapidly without the necessity of an EMS for auto-provisioning.
The process is similar to the restore process using a backup configuration file previously exported from another node. The difference is that when performing a partial configuration import, not all the configuration items in the backup file are applied to the target node.
You may not import across platform types (e.g. SBC 1000 to SBC 2000 or SBC 2000 to SBC 1000.
Resources Not Imported
Several resources are not imported, mainly those that define the node as an identifiable individual and network related attributes. Those items not imported include:
- System information
- Telco interface configurations
- Local/Pass-Through authorization tables
- SIP registration tables
- SIP user credentials
- Server/CA certificates
- SBA configuration information
- VLAN configurations
- ACL tables
- ACL rules
- Port membership information
- MSTP instances
- IPsec configuration
- NAT configuration
- Link monitor configuration
Importing A Partial Configuration
To import a partial configuration:
- In the WebUI, click the Tasks tab.
- In the left nave pane, go to System > Import Partial Configuration.
- Click Choose File.
- Browse for the configuration file and click Open.
- Click OK.
- In the confirmation alert dialog, click OK.