This best practice document helps a user deploy and execute the Lync 2013 SBA on products that shipped from Sonus with the SBC 1000/2000 5.0.0 and later releases
The Lync 2013 SBA application is supported on Windows Server 2008R2 and Windows Server 2012R2 operating system. If your device does not have a license for Windows Server 2008R2, a license purchase and download will be necessary to activate and execute the Lync 2013 SBA. If a license is acquired, see Attach License Label for attaching the label on the unit.
Before you begin, ensure you have the following information:
- A SBC WebUI Credential.
Preparing the SBC and SBA
1. Upgrade the SBC and SbcComms
The firmware on the SBC as well as the firmware on the ASM (SbcComms) must be at version 5.0.2. See Upgrading Sonus SBC 1000-2000 for the upgrade procedure.
2. Confirm Windows Server 2008R2 License
Confirm that your ASM is licensed for 'Windows Server 2008R2', which is a prerequisite to run Lync 2013 SBA.
To Confirm Windows Server License:
- Access the WebUI.
- Click the tab System.
- Click the tab Overview, then scroll into the ASM System Details panel.
- Confirm that 'Windows Server 2008R2' appears in Windows Factory License or Windows Applied Additional License.
Case 1: Your Windows factory license is 'Windows Server 2008R2'
Your license allows you to use Lync 2013 SBA already; no further licenses are required.
Case 2: Your Windows factory license is 'Windows Server 2012R2'
You will need to purchase and install the Windows Server 2008R2 operating system license if you want to run Lync 2013 on Windows Server 2008R2. See Working with Licenses.
3. Confirm Availability of the Lync 2013 SBA image on Windows Server 2008R2
Confirm that your ASM already has the Lync 2013 SBA image on Windows Server 2008R2 available on the hard drive.
To Confirm Lync 2013 SBA Availability on Windows Server 2008R2:
- Access the WebUI.
- Click the tab Tasks.
- Under Application Solution Module, click Reinitialize.
- Confirm that one of the choices in the drop down menu is Lync 2013 SBA on Windows Server 2008R2.
If the Lync 2013 SBA is not listed in the drop down menu, follow the instructions on Updating the ASM Recovery Partition.