The Sonus SBC 1000 requires that you explicitly configure each Ethernet port. At least one IP address must be configured and it is not necessary to configure both IP addresses. An optional Secondary IP address may be configured on each of the Ethernet ports.
The secondary IP address is useful for WebUI or API operations only, and should not be used for VOIP media or protocols such as SIP, RTP and SRTP.
- The primary IP address assigned to Ethernet 1 IP cannot be removed.
- The primary IP address assigned to Ethernet 2 IP can be removed by setting the IP address to 0.0.0.0 and setting the Netmask to a valid non-zero value (e.g. 255.255.255.0).
- If configuring a default route, then the Gateway must set such that it is part of exactly one of the configured IP subnets.
To Modify the IP Address on the Sonus SBC 1000
- In the WebUI, click the Tasks tab.
In the left navigation pane, under the IP Protocols, click Modify Ethernet IP Address.
- Modify the Ethernet 1 IP Setup information as necessary (if required, modify the Ethernet 2 IP Setup information).
- Modify the Default IP Route information as necessary.
Ethernet IP Setup- Field Definitions
IP Assign Method
Specifies how the IP address is assigned for that interface. Select from the drop down box. Available options: Static (user configured IP address) or DHCP (DHCP is used to automatically acquire the IP address). When this field is set to DHCP, the remaining fields are not displayed.
Specifies the Primary or Secondary IP Address through which the Sonus SBC 1000/2000 communicates over Ethernet, and by which the application may be accessed. In order to remove a primary IP address assigned to Ethernet 2 IP specifically, refer to the note at the top of the page.
Specifies the network mask applied to either the Primary or Secondary IP Address.
Configure Secondary Interface
Specifies whether or not a secondary Application IP address is configured for the Sonus SBC 1000/2000.
Configure Default Route
Specifies whether or not a Default Static IP Route is configured. If this option is enabled, a Default Static IP Route will be created in the Static IP Route Table. The Gateway IP Address for this route will be the IP Address specified in the Gateway field, and a value of 0.0.0.0 will be applied in the Destination IP field such that any address on the gateway is reachable.
The Configure Default Route field is not visible if any of the interfaces are using DHCP.
Specifies the IPv4 Address of the Default Gateway used by the Sonus SBC 1000/2000. This field is only available if the Configure Default Route field was set to Yes.
The Gateway field is not visible if any of the interfaces are using DHCP.