The Sonus SBC 1000/2000 Web interface includes a built-in step-by-step setup Easy Config wizard, which enables end-users to quickly deploy SBC1000/2000 within a couple of minutes. Depending on the scenario or application in which the SBC is deployed, the Easy Config Wizard configures the SBC, Skype for Business/Lync, IP Phones, or ISDN in a very easy manner.
Running the Wizard
Run the SBC Easy Cong Wizard through Initial setup or through the WebUI Task's tab. See Running Easy Configuration Wizard.
Navigating the Wizard
Once the SBC Easy Config Wizard is running (see Running Easy Configuration Wizard), a set of three configuration steps are presented.
Step 1. Choose the provider and user endpoint to create the topology.
- Provider. Service Provider end the SBC will connect to.
- User Endpoint. Mediation Service, IP-PBX, or IP Phones the SBC connects to at the customer premises.
Step 2. Configure the items required for the endpoint selected (these items depend on the endpoint selection in Step 1).
Step 3. The endpoint data is validated and a read-only summary of the configuration items is displayed (these are the items that will be configured on the system). This form can be submitted, or you can return to previous steps and change any data.
The wizard contains the following buttons for navigation:
- Previous: Moves back to the previous step.
- Next: Advances to the next step.
- Finish: Submits the data to the Sonus SBC 1000/2000.
- Cancel. Cancels the Easy Config data entered and redirects to the main WebUI.
User input is validated at every step of the wizard. The user is prevented from navigating to the next step if the current step is not valid.
Navigation can also be performed through the Step buttons. The steps ahead of the current step are disabled, but once the step is complete, click on the desired step to go back.
Selecting a Template
Four application scenarios are available (through the Application drop down list, available in Step 1.)
- SIP ↔ Skype for Business/Lync
- ISDN PRI ↔ Skype for Business/Lync
- FXO ↔ Skype for Business/Lync (available for SBC 1000 and FXO Analog only)
- SIP ↔ IP Phones
Once the scenario is selected, the corresponding template is displayed. See Working with SBC Easy Configuration.