Instructions for modifying/creating a SIP Server Table entry are below. To add a SIP Server table, see Managing SIP Server Tables.
Creating an Entry in a SIP Server Table
- In the left navigation pane, go to SIP > SIP Server Tables. Click on the desired SIP Server Table.
- From the Create SIP Server drop down list, select IP/FQDN or DNS-SRV. The associated configuration screen is displayed.
- Configure the options. See Field Definitions.
- Multiple entries of the same server type (IP/FQDN or DNS-SRV) can be added to a SIP Server Table, but only one type of server is allowed per table. For example, if you add a SIP Server as DNS-SRV, the other entries in the same table must be specified as DNS-SRV; to add a Server Lookup as IP/FQDN, you must create another table.
- Only one domain name and protocol are permitted in a SIP Server Table. If the domain name and protocol are used in one entry, they cannot be used in an additional entry in that same table.
- Only one domain name per SIP Server table can be selected as the Server Host.
Create SIP Server: DNS SRV
Create SIP Server: IP/FQDN
Modifying an Entry in a SIP Server Table
- In the left navigation pane, go to SIP > SIP Server Tables.
- Select the desired SIP Server Table.
- Click the expand ( ) icon next to the entry you wish to modify.
Edit the entry properties as required. See Field Definitions.
Resequencing an Entry in a SIP Server Table
- Click the Resequence icon ( ) at the top of the table.
- Select the row(s) you want to move.
- Click the Move Selected Rows Up ( ) or Move Selected Rows Down ( ) icon to reposition the row(s) in the table.
- Click Apply.
Server Host - Field Definitions
Server Host - For IP/FQDN only
Server Host - For DNS SRV only
Host IP Version
Remote Authorization and Contacts - Field Definitions
Remote Authorization Table
Contact Registrant Table
Specifies a Contact Registration Table for this SIP Server from the list of registration tables defined in the Contact Registrant Tables.
The Contact Registration is used by a Signaling Group to register one or more contacts to a registrar. The contact information contains the SIP address of record and the methods which can be used to establish sessions to this Signaling group. Valid entry: Select from the list of Contact Registrant Tables or select None. If you select a Contact Registrant from the list, the following fields are displayed: Clear Remote Registration on Startup, Contact URI Randomizer, and Stagger Registration.
If Fwd. Reg. After Local Processing is selected as the SIP Mode, the selected SIP Server Table for that same Signaling Group should not be configured with a Contact Registrant Table. The SBC does not support Fwd Reg. After Local Processing and a Contact Registrant Table in the same Signaling Group.
Clear Remote Registration on Startup
Contact URI Randomizer
Retry Non-Stale Nonce
Authorization on Refresh
Session URI Validation
Transport - Field Definitions
Keep Alive Frequency
Connection Reuse - Field Definitions
The configuration options in this section are available only when when Protocol is set as TCP or TLS.
SRV Servers Table - Field Definitions
This table is in view-only mode and available only when the Server Lookup field is set as DNS SRV in the SIP Server Table. To view this table, go to SIP > SIP Server Tables and click on the desired SIP Server Table entry. The populated values in this table are determined by the administrator for the DNS server; ranges and possible values are detailed below.
Time to Live