This section describes SBC SWe Lite hardware and software requirements and recommendations.
To install and configure SBC SWe Lite, make sure the Virtual Machine (VM) host meets the following recommended hardware, server platform and software requirements.
You must obtain and apply a valid SBC SWe Lite license in order to configure and use the SBC SWe Lite. See the instructions at Obtaining and Installing a SWe Lite Trial License.
Minimum Hyper-V hosting requirements are posted by Microsoft. The SBC SWe Lite does not support execution within a Hyper-V cluster, as defined at technet.microsoft.com. Contact your Sonus sales representative if you have any questions.
Server Hardware Requirements
Configuration Requirement Processor 2nd Generation Intel Core or Intel Xeon Processor (Sandy bridge or later) RAM RAM requirements are dependent upon the number of VMs hosted, the memory assigned to each VM instance, and the relative overhead memory associated with each. Drive Space Hard disk requirements are dependent upon the number of VMs hosted, the size of each VM at full size, and whether checkpoints will be enabled. Architecture 64-bit Intel processor Host OS Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Minimum Hyper-V hosting requirements are posted by Microsoft.
The SBC SWe Lite does not support execution within a Hyper-V cluster, as defined at technet.microsoft.com. Contact your Sonus sales representative if you have any questions.
BIOS Setting Recommendations
Sonus recommends the following BIOS settings for optimum performance:
|BIOS Parameter||Recommended |
|Intel VT-x (Virtualization Technology)||Enabled||For hardware virtualization|
Sonus Recommendations for SBC SWe Lite
- Plan enough resources (RAM, CPU, NIC ports, hard disk, etc.) for all the virtual machines (VMs) to run on a server, including resources needed by Hyper-V itself.
- Allocate each VM with only as much virtual hardware as that VM requires. Provisioning a VM with more resources than it requires can, in some cases, reduce the performance of that VM as well as other virtual machines sharing the same host.
Disconnect or disable any physical hardware devices (Floppy devices, Network interfaces, Storage controllers, Optical drives, USB controllers, etc.) under BIOS settings that you will not be using to free up interrupt/CPU resources.
1 GiB 5 (Up to 3 may be disabled, if only a single vNIC is required for media. Note: One vNIC is mandatory for management.)
Setting Minimum vCPU 1 RAM vNIC Virtual Hard Disk 5 GiB
(Up to 3 may be disabled, if only a single vNIC is required for media. Note: One vNIC is mandatory for management.)
- The SBC SWe Lite VM does not currently support allocation of more than one vCPU.
- With minimum RAM allocation, the maximum SIP endpoint registrars is 1000, and the maximum number of concurrent calls is 100.
- The estimated Hyper-V overhead memory for each SBC SWe Lite VM is 32MB.
- Minimal networking configuration requires the Management Network Interface and at least one Media Interface to be assigned.
- Each SBC SWe Lite VM will use approximately 5 GiB of Virtual Hard Drive space. Drive size is predetermined by the imported image.