Adding the User in Active Directory
- Establish a Remote Desktop connection to the domain controller (DC).
On the DC, launch the Active Directory Users and Computers Snap-in.
In the navigation tree on the left side of the screen, right-click Users, then select New > User.
Enter New Object Information
- Enter the user's name and logon information in the New Object - User dialog.
- Enter the user's password in the New Object - User dialog.
- Select a password expiry option.
- Review the user's information.
- Click Finish if it is correct, or click Back to back up to the place where it must be corrected.
Adding the User in Lync
This process creates a new Lync user and maps that user to an existing Active Directory user.
- Connect to the Front End Server.
There are two methods:
- Connect via Remote Desktop, or
- Connect via your web browser (https:\\<Server FQDN>\CSCP)
- Launch the Lync Server Control panel.
Select the Users Tab on the left panel.
Select Enable Users
Select Active Directory User
- Click Find.
- Select the Active Directory user.
- Assign the user to a pool.
- Select a pool from the Assign users to a pool list box.
- Select Use the user principal name (UPN) option.
- Select Enterprise Voice from the Telephony list box.
- Enter a phone number in the Line URI text box. Prefix the number with
- Click Enable.