Not supported by SBC SWe Lite in this release.
In order to complete the Branch Site Tasks, the following series of steps must be completed:
- Generate a certificate signing request for the SBA.
- Submit the certificate signing request to a Trusted Certificate Authority (CA)
- Import the signed certificate (received from the CA) onto the ASM
These steps can be achieved in a single step by #Auto-Generate and Importing an SBA Certificate, or you can #Generate an SBA Certificate Signing Request and have it signed by the Trusted CA of your choice and later importing it manually onto the SBA.
Auto-Generate and Importing an SBA Certificate
When using this option, the certificate signing request is sent to a Trusted Windows Certificate Authority server:
- In the Auto-Submit to CA, select Yes
- In FQDN\CA Name, enter the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) and the name of the certificate authority (CA) server.
- In the User Name field, enter the username to use to be authenticated with the CA server.
Depending on the CA server used, the signing request can be processed only if the User Name is supplied in the
- In the Password field, enter (and re-enter to confirm) the password associated with the username entered above.
- The Common Name will be automatically set after having successfully joined the ASM to the domain
Enter the information pertaining to your environment:
- Click OK. A series of status messages will be dispatched:
Creation of a new certificate signing request:
Import of the certificate
The action succeeds
Generating an SBA Certificate Signing Request
You can chose this option if you wish to send the certificate signing request to a CA of your choice:
- In the Auto-Submit to CA, select No
- In the Subject Distinguished Name panel, enter the information pertaining to your environment.
Click OK. The following status message will be dispatched:
Once complete - the certificate signing request is presented:
Once this certificate signing request has been sent to a desired CA, the certificate that you receive from the CA must be imported in order to complete the SBA deployment.