This section describes SBC SWe Lite hardware and software requirements and recommendations.
To install and configure SBC SWe Lite, make sure the Virtual Machine (VM) host meets the following recommended hardware, server platform and software requirements.
You must obtain and apply a valid SBC SWe Lite license in order to configure and use the SBC SWe Lite. See below:
- If you are deploying an SBC SWe Lite trial instance (as described at SBC SWe Lite Trial Offer ) please refer to Obtaining and Installing a SWe Lite Trial License for license instructions;
- If you are not deploying a trial instance, please follow license instructions posted at Obtaining and Installing a SWe Lite License.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Minimum Hyper-V hosting requirements are posted by Microsoft. The SBC SWe Lite does not support execution within a Hyper-V cluster, as defined at technet.microsoft.com. Contact your Sonus sales representative if you have any questions.
Server Hardware Requirements
Configuration Requirement Processor 2nd Generation Intel Core or Intel Xeon Processor (Sandy bridge or later) RAM Each SBC SWe Lite instance requires 1 GiB. Drive Space Hard disk requirements are dependent upon the number of VMs hosted, the size of each VM at full size, and whether checkpoints will be enabled. Architecture 64-bit Intel processor Host OS
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Minimum Hyper-V hosting requirements are posted by Microsoft.
The SBC SWe Lite does not support execution within a Hyper-V cluster, as defined at technet.microsoft.com. Contact your Sonus sales representative if you have any questions.
BIOS Setting Recommendations
Sonus recommends the following BIOS settings for optimum performance:
|BIOS Parameter||Recommended |
|Intel VT-x (Virtualization Technology)||Enabled||For hardware virtualization|
Sonus Recommendations for SBC SWe Lite
- Plan enough resources (RAM, CPU, NIC ports, hard disk, etc.) for all the virtual machines (VMs) to run on a server, including resources needed by Hyper-V itself.
- Allocate each VM with only as much virtual hardware as that VM requires. Provisioning a VM with more resources than it requires can, in some cases, reduce the performance of that VM as well as other virtual machines sharing the same host.
Disconnect or disable any physical hardware devices (Floppy devices, Network interfaces, Storage controllers, Optical drives, USB controllers, etc.) under BIOS settings that you will not be using to free up interrupt/CPU resources.
1 GiB (1024 MiB) to support 1 vCPU 5 (Up to 3 may be disabled, if only a single vNIC is required for media. Note: One vNIC is mandatory for management.)
Setting Minimum vCPU 1 vCPU RAM vNIC Virtual Hard Disk 5 GiB
1 GiB (1024 MiB) to support 1 vCPU
(Up to 3 may be disabled, if only a single vNIC is required for media. Note: One vNIC is mandatory for management.)
- Minimal networking configuration requires the Management Network Interface and at least one Media Interface to be assigned.
- Each SBC SWe Lite VM will use approximately 5 GiB of Virtual Hard Drive space. Drive size is predetermined by the imported image.