Not supported by SBC SWe Lite in this release.
Skype for Business allows enterprises to deploy a Survivable Branch Appliance (SBA) at branch/remote offices that can switch to a stand-alone mode with limited functionality when the WAN link between the branch and the central site (which is usually corporate HQ) goes down. This page lists the steps needed to deploy Skype for Business SBA at a branch site along with the corresponding configurations needed at the central site.
Central Site Tasks
The following steps are required when deploying the SBA for the first time.
- Adding the SBA to Active Directory.
- Adding the SBA to your Skype for Business (Lync 2010) Topology or Adding the SBA to your Skype for Business (Lync 2013) Topology, as appropriate to your deployment.
- DNS Verification.
Re-deploying the SBA?
Branch Site Tasks
- In the WebUI, click the Tasks tab.
- In the left navigation pane, under Lync™ Survivable Branch Appliance, click Setup SBA.
- Proceed with these steps in order:
Install the Latest Lync SBA Cumulative Update (CU)
To ensure the Lync SBA is running the latest Lync Server patches, administrators should install the latest Cumulative Update
Checking the SBA Status
To confirm that all the SBA services are running properly, check the status by Viewing ASM Operational Status.