About this Page
- This document details setting the RURI number from the number listed in the TO Header.
- This document details the configuration to change the Request URI Line in a SIP Request (INVITE, ACK, REGISTER, CANCEL, etc.) using the Add Request selection.
- This Header Manipulation document utilizes the Token manipulation function.
Requires Sonus SBC2000/1000 Version 2.2
Because you can never tell just what the other side might send or need, the SBC1000/2000 version 2.2 will include a feature to manipulate any SIP header.
- SIP Headers can be added, deleted, or modified.
- Manipulation can be done for every SIP message, or separately for SIP Requests or SIP Responses.
- Manipulations can set to occur based upon user specified matching criteria.
- Manipulations can be executed at the ingress or egress SG. At the ingress, inbound SIP messages are modified to permit proper handling by the SBC's routing function. At the egress, SIP messages already processed by the SBC are modified to meet the SIP requirements of the upstream device.
Setting the number listed in the Request URI (RURI) from the number in the TO header.
This document details how to change the incoming RURI number using the TO header number. This solution was originally generated to eliminate a problem from an incoming INVITE.
You can see that the number on the RURI is not a number at all, but an IP address.
Below is the process for changing the user (e.g. number) portion of the RURI.
Configure the SBC1000/2000 for Header Manipulation
Select the new Message Manipulation entry in the navigation tree
Add a SIP Message Rule Table
Set how the rule will be applied. It can be applied to All SIP Messages, only Requests, only Responses, or Selected Messages. Since the Request URI only appears in a SIP Request, select Add Requests type of Header Manipulation.
Add an entry to the new table. Expand the arrows as shown to reach the lower levels of header matching.
Set the URI User (info) to Modify and click the Add/Edit button.
Set the Type of Value to Token and the Value to to.uri.userinfo.user (selected from the pop-up box generated by clicking the arrow to the right of the field). This setting says to set the Request URI from the number listed in the TO header (userinfo.user=number).
Click the OK button.
Add the new rule to the incoming SG.
In the debugging output below, the RURI Header Manipulation rule was modified to take the number from the FROM header, not the TO header so that it would be easier to follow the header manipulation function in the debug.
The SIP Header feature cannot generate a new SIP packet. Only arriving or leaving SIP packets changed via the SIP Header function.
Care must be exercised when modifying incoming SIP packets, especially with respects to the TO, FROM and RURI headers. Modifying tags, IDs or any other items that define the dialogue or transactions, will likely cause calls to not complete.