Not supported by SBC SWe Lite in this release.
This operation is optional, and allows SBA administrators to configure the security settings for roles, role services, and features on the SBA. This applies security rules to the Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system on the ASM hosting the SBA, and improves system hardening (i.e., reducing its surface of vulnerability).
- Microsoft OS Services
- Microsoft OS Networking Firewall
- Microsoft OS Registry Values
- Microsoft OS Audit
- Microsoft OS SCE Templates
Applying an SBA Security Template
Once the security template is applied, the action cannot be reversed. In order to disable the security template, the ASM has to be re-initialized.
Below is a summarized list of the primary security settings that will be applied by the stronger security rules template :
- Enables data execution protection
- Enables firewall
- Disables domain users from logging into the ASM
- Enables only local administrator login
Apply Security Template
- In the WebUI, access Tasks> Lync Survivable Branch Appliance (or Skype for Business Survivable Branch) > Setup SBA.
From the Apply Version drop down list, select the applicable TLS option (TLS 1.2 Only or TLS 1.0-1.2).
The following are limitations for using TLS 1.2 Only or TLS 1.0-1.2
- Valid for Skype for Business On Premises SBA only.
- Valid for WS2012R2 ASM.
- Valid with the following clients:
- Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) Desktop Client, MSI and C2R, including Basic 15.0.5023.1000 and higher.
- Skype for Business 2016 Desktop Client, MSI 16.0.4678.1000 and higher, including Basic.
- Skype for Business 2016 Click to Run Require the April 2018 Updates:
- Monthly and Semi-Annual Targeted – 16.0.9126.2152 and higher
- Semi-Annual and Deferred Channel – 16.0.8431.2242 and higher
- Requires Skype for Business - March 2018 or Higher Cumulative Updates. Refer to Installing Cumulative Updates for Lync SBA.
- Requires ASM RollUp June 2018. Apply the Security Template after applying the the ASM Roll-Up. Refer to ASM Roll-up Update.
- Before enabling TLS 1.2 Only on SBA, prepare your Skype for Business environment: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nexthop/2018/04/18/disabling-tls-1-01-1-in-skype-for-business-server-2015-part-1
Click Apply TLS Version.
For Microsoft SBA Security Hardening, click Apply Default Template. If SBA Security Hardening has been run on the SBA at deployment, this field will be greyed out.
For Custom Security Template, click Browse and select the applicable Security XML file. You need a Windows Server security template XML file created using the. Refer to the following for how to create the file:
Windows Version Microsoft Security Configuration Wizard Reference Windows 2008 Microsoft Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) Windows 2008R2
- Click Submit Security Template file. The operation will take up to to five minutes to complete.
Verify TLS Version is Applied
- In the WebUI, access Settings > Application Solution Module > Operational Status (or via Tasks > Application Solution Module > Operational Status).
Under Windows Status > TLS Version, view the current, enabled TLS version.