Impedance mismatching results in audible echos on the line and reduced call quality. Correctly matching the line impedance reduces or eliminates the echo. A number of factors influence the line impedance; line types which vary from country to country and vary between geographic regions, as well as the distance between the node and the central office.
The Ribbon SBC 1000/2000 FXO Port Calibration function programmaticaly determines the optimum impedance and the local loop type settings and configures each selected port accordingly. The port calibration task is located in the WebUI under the Tasks tab and is performed as described in this section.
Calibrating FXO Ports
The Calibration FXO function is an service affecting operation.
To calibrate an FXO port:
- In the WebUI, click the Tasks tab.
- In the left navigation pane, go to Telephony Setup > Calibrate FXO Port.
- Select the port or ports you wish to calibrate.
- Click the Calibrate Selected Ports link text at the top of the table.
- Confirm that you wish to calibrate the selected FXO Ports.
- Click OK to dismiss the successful completion dialog.