Not supported by SBC SWe Lite in this release.
ASM package updates can be installed by Ribbon SBC 1000/2000 System Administrators via the web interface. This functionality is typically used under the following circumstances:
- Updating the SBC 1000/2000 Communication Service on the ASM
- Installing Lync Cumulative Update (CU) patches on the ASM
- Installing other Roll-up packs such as windows update authorization lists
- Installing approved Third party software (i.e, SDN Listener or Lync debug tools)
- Installing a new BIOS package on the ASM
This update will accept signed windows .msi and .msp files as well as published .pkg files
On this page, we show how to install packages on the ASM via the WebUI.
Installing an ASM Package
Before you Begin
This operation can be accessed either via the Tasks tab or the Settings tab:
- In the WebUI, click the Tasks or Settings tab.
In the left navigation pane, under the Application Solution Module, click Install ASM Update.
Browse to the desired .pkg file.
Select the ASM package file you wish to install.
Click Ok to install the package. The installation progresses. The sequence of installation steps are shown below.
The following message is displayed when the installation is complete.
- If the update is for a windows update .pkg pack, refer to the operation status page to initiate windows update install
- If the installation failed a detailed status message indicating the reason for the failure will be displayed