The SBC 1000 requires that you explicitly configure each Ethernet port. At least one IP address must be configured and it is not necessary to the other two IP addresses. When configuring IPv4 interfaces or IPv4/IPv6 interfaces, an optional Secondary IP address may also be configured on the Ethernet port (this option is not available for IPv6 interfaces only).
Ethernet 3 IP Setup is available only if running SBC 1000 v2 hardware (which includes 3 Ethernet ports). For hardware details, see Ribbon SBC 1000 Hardware Specifications.
- The primary IP address assigned to Ethernet 1 IP cannot be removed.
- The primary IP address assigned to Ethernet 2 IP can be removed by setting the IP address to 0.0.0.0 and setting the Netmask to a valid non-zero value (e.g. 255.255.255.0).
- The IP address for Ethernet 3 IP is not assigned automatically.
- If configuring a default route, then the Gateway must set such that it is part of exactly one of the configured IP subnets.
To Modify the IP Address on the SBC 1000
- In the WebUI, click the Tasks tab.
In the left navigation pane, under the IP Protocols, click Modify Ethernet IP Address.
Modify the Ethernet 1 IP Setup information as necessary (if required, modify the Ethernet 2 IP Setup and Ethernet 3 IP Setup information).
For Ethernet 1 IP Setup, the example shows the IP Addressing Mode set at Both (IPv4 and IPv6).
- Modify the Default IP Route information as necessary.
Ethernet IP Setup - IPv4 Field Definitions
The following fields below are displayed when IPv4 or Both is selected from the IP Addressing Mode option.
IP Addressing Mode
IP Assign Method
Configure Secondary Interface
Ethernet IP Setup - IPv6 Field Definitions
The following fields below are displayed when IPv6 or Both is selected from the IP Addressing Mode option.
Primary Address Prefix
Ethernet IP Setup - Both (IPv4 and IPv6) Field Definitions
The configuration fields for both IPv4 and IPv6 are displayed when Both is selected from the IP Addressing Mode option. See and .
General Default Route Configuration - Field Definitions
Configure Default IPv4 Route
Gateway - IPv4
Configure Default IPv6 Route
Gateway - IPv6