This section is intended only for participants undertaking a free evaluation of the SBC SWe Lite, for both on-premises and public cloud (e.g. Microsoft® Azure™) deployments. For production deployments licenses, proceed to Obtaining and Installing a SWe Lite Production License.
SBC SWe Lite Permanent Trial License
Prerequisites for Microsoft® Azure™-Based SBC SWe Lite Deployments
Review this page from the relevant links in SBC SWe Lite Trial Offer for Microsoft® Azure™, to ensure the SBC SWe Lite is able to accept the permanent trial license.
Prerequisites for On-Premises Based SBC SWe Lite Deployments
Review this page from the relevant links in SBC SWe Lite Trial Offer for On-Premises Deployment, to ensure the SBC SWe Lite is able to accept the permanent trial license.
Generating and Installing a SBC SWe Lite Permanent Trial License
Install a license as follows:
- Locate and record the SBC SWe Lite ID. Refer to Viewing the Software Version and Hardware ID.
Access the Self-Service Licensing and Download Portal.
- Enter credentials to gain access.
- Click Generate License Key.
SWe Lite ID and Email - Additional Notes
- In some instances the SBC SWe Lite ID may be named SWE Lite ID#.
- The string under Hardware ID(s): should be equivalent to the SBC SWe Lite ID you submitted when you generated your license. If different, re-visit your email inbox for another email or, alternatively, contact Ribbon Customer Support.
Enter the SBC SWe Lite ID in the UUID#1 field and click Generate. Within 24 hours, you will receive an email (check spam folder, clutter, etc).
If you do not receive your email within 24 hours, re-visit your email inbox and check spam, clutter, etc. If still not found, contact Ribbon Customer Support.
- Save the file attachment (license file in .XML format) to your PC.
- In the WebUI, click the Settings tab.
- Access Licensing > Install New License.
- Click Choose File.
- Select the license file you saved from the Ribbon email, and click Open.
- Click Decode to confirm license is correct before applying.
- Click Apply.
To view currently installed licenses, access System > Licensing > Current Licenses. The message on the bottom displays the SBC SWe Lite Trial Offer.
Return to the relevant on-premises/Microsoft Azure trial offer page, to continue the provisioning and deployment of the SBC SWe Lite.