This section is intended only for participants undertaking a free evaluation of the SBC SWe Lite, for both on-premises and public cloud (e.g. Microsoft® Azure™) deployments. For production deployments licenses, proceed to Obtaining and Installing a SWe Lite Production License.
FIRST STEPS - Identify the Correct Release and SBC SWe Lite ID Before Generating a Trial License
Before generating an SBC SWe Lite Trial License, do the following:
- Confirm the SBC SWe Lite was first installed and activated (whether on-premises or in Azure) with Release 8.0.4 software (to identify the SBC SWe Lite's software release, refer to Viewing the Software Version and Hardware ID). If the SBC SWe Lite was initially installed and activated with Release 8.0.3 or earlier, do not generate a license file from this portal at this time. Instead, disregard all further actions on this page and contact Ribbon support for the next steps. An attempt to generate a license without Ribbon support results in an SBC SWe Lite operation failure, and delays the roll-out of SBC services.
- When submitting the SBC SWe Lite ID to generate the license file, confirm you are using the correct SWe Lite ID value: a 32 character string found in the Release 8.0.4 System Overview display.
Before generating a license, identify the SWe Lite ID in System Overview as follows:
- In the WebUI, click the System tab.
- In the System page, click the Overview tab.
- Identify and record the correct SWe Lite ID (see Figure 1 as an example) before generating a license, and proceed to 288381589
Prerequisites - SBC SWe Lite Permanent Trial License
Review Microsoft® Azure™-Based SBC SWe Lite Deployments Documentation
Review SBC SWe Lite Trial Offer for Microsoft® Azure™ to ensure the SBC SWe Lite is able to accept the permanent trial license.
Review On-Premises Based SBC SWe Lite Deployment Documentation
Review SBC SWe Lite Trial Offer for On-Premises Deployment to ensure the SBC SWe Lite is able to accept the permanent trial license.
Obtain the SBC SWe Lite Permanent Trial License
An SBC SWe Lite permanent trial software license must be acquired from Ribbon Sales. Once the license is ordered, you will receive instructions via email for accessing the licensing portal.
The following trial licenses are available:
- Trial license for public cloud (i.e., Microsoft® Azure™). Refer to Microsoft Azure-Based SBC SWe Lite Deployment Licenses.
- Trial license for on-premises VMM (Virtual Machine Monitor) deployments (i.e., KVM, Microsoft Hyper-V, or VMware ESXi). Refer to: On-Premises SBC SWe Lite Deployment Licenses.
Generate and Install a SBC SWe Lite Permanent Trial License
Generate and install SBC SWe Lite Permanent Trial license as follows:
- Locate and record the SBC SWe Lite ID (see Release 8.0.4 - Correct SWe Lite ID). For more information, refer to Viewing the Software Version and Hardware ID.
Access the Self-Service Licensing and Download Portal.
- Enter credentials to gain access.
- Click Generate License Key.
SWe Lite ID and Email - Additional Notes
- In some instances the SBC SWe Lite ID may be named SWE Lite ID#.
- The string under Hardware ID(s): should be equivalent to the SBC SWe Lite ID you submitted when you generated your license. If different, re-visit your email inbox for another email or, alternatively, contact Ribbon Customer Support.
Enter the SBC SWe Lite ID in the UUID#1 field and click Generate. Within 24 hours, you will receive an email (check spam folder, clutter, etc).
If you do not receive your email within 24 hours, re-visit your email inbox and check spam, clutter, etc. If still not found, contact Ribbon Customer Support.
- Save the file attachment (license file in .XML format) to your PC.
- In the WebUI, click the Settings tab.
- Access Licensing > Install New License.
- Click Choose File.
- Select the license file you saved from the Ribbon email, and click Open.
- Click Decode to confirm license is correct before applying.
- Click Apply.
To view currently installed licenses, access System > Licensing > Current Licenses. The message on the bottom displays the SBC SWe Lite Trial Offer.
Return to the relevant on-premises/Microsoft Azure trial offer page, to continue the provisioning and deployment of the SBC SWe Lite.