This paper is intended only for customers seeking to activate purchased SBC SWe Lite features in support of production deployments (i.e. supporting live customer traffic), in either on-premises and public cloud (e.g. Microsoft® Azure™) deployments. For the activation of no-obligation free features, refer to the trial offers available for on-premises and public cloud (e.g. Microsoft® Azure™) based evaluations.
Ordering Production Licenses
A software license must be purchased from Ribbon Sales. Once the license is purchased, you will receive instructions via email for accessing the licensing portal.
Available licenses for purchase are as follows:
- Licenses for public cloud (e.g. Microsoft® Azure™) deployments: Microsoft Azure-Based SBC SWe Lite Deployment Licenses
- Licenses for on-premises VMM (Virtual Machine Monitor) deployments (e.g. KVM, Microsoft Hyper-V, or VMware ESXi): On-Premises SBC SWe Lite Deployment Licenses
Prerequisites for Microsoft® Azure™-Based SBC SWe Lite Production License Installation
Follow these prerequisites before generating a production license
Prerequisites for On-Premises Based SBC SWe Lite Production License Installation
Follow these prerequisites before generating a production license:
- Downloading the SBC SWe Lite Package for On-Premises Deployment.
- Installing SBC SWe Lite on the VMM of choice:
Generating and Installing an SBC SWe Lite Production License
Generate and install a license as follows:
- Locate and record the SBC SWe Lite ID. Refer to Viewing the Software Version and Hardware ID.
Access the Self-Service Licensing and Download Portal.
- Enter credentials to gain access.
- Click Generate License Key.
SWe Lite ID and Email - Additional Notes
- In some instances the SBC SWe Lite ID may be named SWE Lite ID#.
- The string under Hardware ID(s): should be equivalent to the SBC SWe Lite ID you submitted when you generated your license. If different, re-visit your email inbox for another email or, alternatively, contact Ribbon Customer Support.
Enter the SBC SWe Lite ID in the UUID#1 field and click Generate. Within 24 hours, you will receive an email (check spam folder, clutter, etc).
If you do not receive your email within 24 hours, re-visit your email inbox and check spam, clutter, etc. If still not found, contact Ribbon Customer Support.
- Save the file attachment (license file in .XML format) to your PC.
- In the WebUI, click the Settings tab.
- Access Licensing > Install New License.
- Click Choose File.
- Select the license file you saved from the Ribbon email, and click Open.
- Click Decode to confirm license is correct before applying.
- Click Apply.
To view currently installed licenses, access System > Licensing > Current Licenses.
A reboot is recommended after applying a new license.
Configure the SBC SWe Lite according to desired deployment requirements. Suggested next steps include:
- Refer to the Best Practice document that reflects your deployment of choice, such as:
- Visit Using the Easy Configuration Wizard.