- Upgrades of the SBC Edge (SBC) boot partition are infrequent and end-users should not need to perform this procedure.
- If you are unsure whether or not your SBC requires a boot code upgrade, see the upgrade notes for your version of the SBC software.
Changing the SBC Boot Image disrupts call services on the SBC, when the restart required to make the upgrade effective is performed, and should only be completed during a scheduled service outage.
To upgrade the Boot Image:
- In the WebUI, click the Settings tab.
In the left navigation pane, go to System > Software Management > Boot Partition.
Click the Upload Boot Imagelink located on the top right hand side of the pane.
- Under Select File, click the Browse button and select the SBC Boot image to which you wish to upgrade.
Throughout the upload process, the web interface will dispatch a series of status messages: click image thumbnails to see them in full resolution
- Once the upgrade has completed, click Close.
On the Boot Partition page, verify that the Last Upload Status is listed as Success
After the Boot Image is successfully upgraded, you must reboot the SBC for the changes to take effect.