Access Sonus Global Support Portal
Registered Sonus customers and partners have the ability to download Sonus VX software updates directly from the Sonus download website for Performing a VX Software Upgrade.
Before you begin:
You will need a valid Salesforce Username and Password.
- Access the Sonus Global Support Portal.
- Enter the salesforce credentials.
- Click Login.
- Click the Software Downloads tab.
- Select the desired bundle.
- Click Request Download.
- Complete the required fields on the Software Download Form.
- Select the I ACCEPT option.
- Click Submit.
Once your information has been vetted, you will receive an email with a direct link to the download.
- Follow click the link in the email, or copy and paste it into the address bar of your browser.
This leads you to the download page. The Download Manager directs you through the download process.
Upgrade VX Software
- From the Sonus Global Support Portal download the VX update. See Performing a VX Software Upgrade for instructions on how to access the support site and download VX software. The package will be downloaded in a
- Locate and open the
.zipfile and unpack it to a temporary folder. This will produce a
Readmefile, a .tbz file and optionally a
- Open the
Readmefile and follow the upgrade instructions.
The Readme file provides basic instructions on how to install the package. Read it carefully and be aware of all warnings and notes. It also contains the specific upgrade command (which differs by package). More detailed notes are below:
- All packages require restarting the node, and as such, will cause service disruption. Install them at an appropriate time such as to minimize the impact of said disruption.
- The packages take some time to install. The exact time depends on the package - refer to the
Readme. If no specific time is listed, it takes 5-10 minutes - slower packages will specify how long they take to install (from the time of the last prompt to the time that the node is back up and running).
- The files can be transferred using an FTP client, or by using the Uploading System Files facility in VXbuilder.
- You can monitor the state of the node by pinging it. Once pings are being received consistently, the upgrade is complete (note that the node will also ping immediately after commencing the upgrade, since it hasn't shut down yet).