The VX1200 cover has 3 sides with a total of 12 screws holding the cover in place:
- 2 on the rear panel
- 4 through each rack ear
- 1 on each side near the rear of the unit at the bottom
The screws that pass through the rack ears are approximately 1/8th inch longer than the other screws, do not mix them up with the other screws when reattaching the cover.
Removing the Cover
- Remove the side cover and rack ear screws on both sides.
- Remove the rear cover screws.
- Slide the cover tabs out from under the front panel.
- Gently lift the cover up and away from the chassis.
Replacing the Cover
- Position the cover over the chassis, ensuring that the covers tabs slides underneath the lip of the front panel.
- Gently lower the cover on to the chassis and ensure that the screw holes line up.
- Screw in the side cover and rack ear screws on both sides.
- Screw in the 2 rear cover screws.
- Finally, check all screws are tightened.