You can view WRTC alarms in EMS. EMS supports Acknowledgement and Un-acknowledgement of WRTC alarms.
For more information on WRTC alarms, refer to WRTC Alarms.
Creating/Modifying a View
Views define groups of bar charts (or a single bar chart) which graphically display event information for specified devices within a specified Resource Group. Users with either Super User or Provisioner level privileges can use the Views interface to create, modify, and delete views.
Perform the following procedure to create or modify a view:
- In the Fault Manager section of Insight EMS, click the Views tab.
If you wish to create a new view, click the Create button. If you wish to modify an existing view, select the view from the list in the left frame of the interface and skip to Step 5.
- In the General section of the interface, enter a View Name (accepts alphanumeric characters, spaces, dashes, underscores, and parentheses only to a maximum length of 32 characters) and a (optional) Description for the view (maximum length of 255 characters).
- In the Event Ownership area select the appropriate radio button designating whether the view displays All events, only those events assigned to the FM user (Self Only), or the events assigned to the FM user plus any unassigned events (Self and Unassigned).
- In the Event Acknowledgement Status area select the appropriate radio button designating whether the view displays only Acknowledged events, only Unacknowledged events, or All.
- In the Event List Configuration area select the column display scheme for use with this view. The options are:
- Default columns include Event, Type, Device, Last, and Summary
- Minimal columns include Event and Last
- Minimal 2 columns include Event, Last and Summary
- Variation 1 columns include Event, Type, Device, Last, and Summary
- Variation 2 columns include Event, Type, Device, Last, Indicators, and Summary
- Variation 3 columns include Event, Type, Device, First, Last, Count, Indicators, and Summary
- Variation 4 columns include Event, Severity, Owner, Type, Device, First, Last, Count, and Indicators
- All columns include Event, Severity, Owner, Type, Device, First, Last, Count, Indicators, and Summary
In the Bars area click the Create button to create a new bar for the view, the Modify button to modify an existing bar (select the bar to modify by clicking the select box next to the bar description), or the Copy button to use an existing bar as a template for a new bar. Each of these actions opens the Summary Bars interface. Configure the bar as follows:
Under the Device tab click the radio button indicating device selection either By Individual Device or By Device Type. If you choose By Individual Device then select the devices by highlighting them in the Available Device list and moving them to the Selected device list using the right arrow button. If you choose By Device Type and then select the device type from the list of available device types, the naming of created bars takes place as follows:
For individual devices the bar name is the Device Name
For device types the bar name is the Device Type
For any combination of individual devices you must supply the bar name Bar Name field (maximum length of 32 characters)
You can also choose By Cluster Name and then select the cluster from the available cluster list.
- Under the Severity tab, select all the event severity types you wish to display in the View Bar. The severity types are: Critical, Major, Warning, Minor, Indeterminate, and Cleared.
- (optional) Under the Rate Tripwire tab you can set the parameters for the display of Tripwire flags when the occurrence of events of selected severities exceed the settings. First, set the Tripwire threshold by defining the number of events per time interval. You can define the number of event (Rate) between 0 (display flag when the first is received during the designated interval) and 1000. You can set the Interval to any value between 15 and 3600 seconds. Next, select the severity type(s) whose occurrence the system tracks against the rate setting.
- (optional) Under the Event Tripwire tab you can define list of events whose occurrence cause the system to set a Tripwire flag (4 maximum). Highlight your selection of events in the Available Event list and move them to the Selected Events list using the arrow buttons.
- Click the OK button to save the bar and close the Monitoring Bars interface, or click the Apply button to save the bar while keeping the Bar Creation/Modification interface open for additional tasks. You can create a maximum of 10 bars for any view.
- On the View creation GUI, click the Save button to save your new View.
The following figure illustrates WRTC Alarm View.
To modify an existing view, in the Resource Groups field select the Resource Group containing the devices to modify and then, select the view from the left pane.