The quick start guide includes the roadmap to get your WRTC application up and ready for web services.
Getting Started with Sonus WebRTC
Following is a summary of key steps needed to get your WRTC application functional:
This section describe the various hardware and software requirements for the Sonus Web Services solution, and the information or data required before beginning the installation.
Refer to the section Virtual Resource and Software Requirement for details.
Installing WRTC Software
This section describes how to obtain the WRTC software file and steps involved to install the WRTC software, such as creating a Virtual Machine instance and then, installing the WRTC application using RPM file or deploying the application on OpenStack cloud.
Refer to the sections Installing Sonus WebRTC Gateway on KVM Platform, Installing Sonus WebRTC Gateway on VMware Platform, and Installing Sonus WebRTC on Cloud for details.
|Configuring Sonus WRTC Gateway in Cluster Mode|
This section describes how Sonus WebRTC Gateway is managed through Sonus Insight EMS server that helps in creating a Sonus WRTC configuration cluster, and how WRTC nodes get registered with EMS against the configured cluster and obtain the configuration through push updates.
Refer to the section Configuring WRTC Using EMS for details.
|Configuring Sonus WRTC Gateway in Appliance Mode|
This section describes how Sonus WebRTC Gateway is managed through Sonus Insight EMA server that helps in creating a Sonus WRTC configuration cluster.
Refer to the section Configuring WRTC Through Onboard Management for details.
Deploying Web Application to use WRTC Gateway
Once the application is installed successfully, you are now ready to configure WRTC server ip address and login to the application to place a call or organize a group chat, and so on.
Refer to the section Sample Unified Communication Applications for details.
Users can as well deploy their own customize applications on their on web servers.
Sonus WebRTC SDK
The Sonus WebRTC SDK is a tool kit that provides APIs and libraries that will enable developers to create web-enabled communications with ease. For detailed instruction on the Sonus WebRTC SDK, refer to the Sonus WebRTC Software Development Kit Guide.
Features and Functionalities of Sonus WebRTC
This section provides a high level view of the features and services available for WebRTC Services Solution.
Sonus WebRTC Basic Services
The following features and functionalities are included in WRTC Basic Services:
- Browser to browser communication using Chrome (version 37 and above, refer to Features and Functions).
- Services including: point to point calling, conferencing, instant messaging, and presence.
- Data call is supported when data channel is enabled. Once data call is establised, it can be upgraded to audio or video call.
- WebRTC SDK including libraries to communications enable customer developed desktop web applications.
Sonus WebRTC to SIP Interworking
The following features and functionalities are included in WebRTC to SIP interworking:
- Browser to SIP/PSTN communication (Chrome to PSTN number). For more information, refer to the Browser-to-SIP Communication.
- Services include: audio and video calls.
Management, Multi-tenant, and Expanded Browser Support
The following features and functionalities are included:
- Experience the management interface and tools. For more information, refer to the Configuring WRTC Using EMS.
- Visibility to the multi-tenant capabilities of the solution. For more information, refer to the Multi-tenant WebRTC Solution.
- Make WebRTC calls with a broader set of browsers through plug-ins, such as using Temasys plug-in for Microsoft IE and Apple Safari.