The License Format Version 2 is obsolete as of the SBC SWe Lite Release 8.0.4 and later 8.0.x releases (refer to the License Types - Availability table). You can no longer download any SBC SWe Lite software from Ribbon that supports License Format Version 2. Before you upgrade your SBC SWe Lite software, you must determine whether you should contact Ribbon Support to acquire a License Format Version 3 to enable features.
Log into your SBC SWe Lite to locate and record the Software Version (refer to use the information in this Viewing the Software Version and Hardware ID section). Perform the following based on your Software Version:
- If your Software Version is 8.0.4 or a later 8.0.x release, upgrade the SBC SWe Lite to your desired software release version.
- If your Software Version is 8.0.3, locate and record the License Version. If your License Version is
- Version 3, upgrade the SBC SWe Lite to your desired software release version; or
- Version 2, perform the following steps:
- Contact Ribbon Support for a courtesy (free of charge) feature equivalent to the SBC SWe Lite License Format Version 3.
- Update the SBC SWe Lite with the newly received license file (formatted to Version 3), and confirm all features previously available prior to the license update are present.
- Upgrade the SBC SWe Lite to your desired software release version.
- If your Software Version is 8.0.2 or earlier, your License Format Version is 2. Contact Ribbon Support for software upgrade instructions.