This page outlines the process for upgrading the software on a VX node. In order to successfully upgrade the node, the following are required:
How to Access the Sonus Global Support Portal
|Before you begin: |
You will need a valid Salesforce account.
Link_in_new_tab Text sonus.net URL http://www.sonus.net/
Click Login and select the appropriate login type - Customer Portal or Partner Portal:
Caption 0 Figure 1 sonus.net login list span
Complete the login fields:
Caption 0 Figure 1 Portal Login
Caption 0 Figure 1 Support tab
Click SW DOWNLOAD:
Caption 0 Figure 1 SW DOWNLOAD
Click Select Software, and then select the appropriate product and operating system from the drop-down list.
Caption 0 Figure 1 Product list
Upgrade VX software
- From the Sonus Global Support Portal download the VX update. See Performing a VX Software Upgrade for instructions on how to access the support site and download VX software. The package will be downloaded in a
- Locate and open the
.zipfile and unpack it to a temporary folder. This will produce a
Readmefile, a .tbz file and optionally a
- Open the
Readmefile and follow the upgrade instructions.
The Readme file provides basic instructions on how to install the package. Read it carefully and be aware of all warnings and notes. It also contains the specific upgrade command (which differs by package). More detailed notes are below:
- All packages require restarting the node, and as such, will cause service disruption. Install them at an appropriate time such as to minimize the impact of said disruption.
- The packages take some time to install. The exact time depends on the package - refer to the
Readme. If no specific time is listed, it takes 5-10 minutes - slower packages will specify how long they take to install (from the time of the last prompt to the time that the node is back up and running).
- The files can be transferred using an FTP client, or by using the Uploading System Files facility in VXbuilder.
- You can monitor the state of the node by pinging it. Once pings are being received consistently, the upgrade is complete (note that the node will also ping immediately after commencing the upgrade, since it hasn't shut down yet).
Some upgrades may require you perform this procedure several times, going via intermediate versions to get to the desired version (this seldom requires more than 2 upgrades). This is required if you do not see your desired version listed on the download site. If this is the case, upgrade to the next highest version - this will be an intermediate version. Once complete, perform the procedure again with the intermediate version as the new base.