The VX900C is supported with Release 4.9 (v25 or later) only.
As a multi-function voice switch, the VX900C can be deployed in distributed networks to reduce and consolidate PBX infrastructure. The VX900C extends advanced call system features from centralized data centers to remote locations. With its remote survivability features, the Sonus VX provides continuous, local call service and intelligent trunk routing in the event of network connectivity failures. VX900C supports both Windows XP and Windows 7.
The VX900C Universal Voice Exchange™ contains an integrated voice routing engine, session border controller, media gateway and protocol converter with support for T1/E1/ISDN and analog voice interfaces, full SIP and H.323 compliance, and industry leading bandwidth efficiency capabilities. This multi-function integration delivers powerful, low cost VoIP enablement and call system infrastructure convergence in one intelligent, manageable solution.
Intelligent Session Border Controller
With advanced network control and security features including SRTP, VLAN support and advanced call manipulation, the Sonus VX provides a level of intelligence and capability that extends well beyond the typical, single-purpose session border controller. Unlike many other products in the market, the Sonus VX only utilizes standard protocols to provide vendor independent remote survivability.
VoIP and Signaling Protocols
Enterprise and Government
1 Rack Unit
- 2 slots for telephony modules
- T1 / E1 digital modules - 1, 2, and 4 port versions, 8 port maximum per node
- FXS modules - 8 port, 16 ports maximum per node
- Ethernet - 3 x 10/100 Ethernet ports
- RS232 - Console for setup and debugging
- 4 Port Serial interface
- CAS: MF-R1, T1 CAS (E&M, Loopstart), E1 CAS (MFC-R2)
- ISDN: AT&T 4ESS, AT&T 5ESS, Nortel DMS-100, Euro ISDN (ETSI 300-102), QSIG, NTT InsNet(Japan), Harris 20/20, CoreNet and
- ANSI National ISDN-2 (NI-2)
- Voice compression: G.711 (A-law and ?-law), G.723 (5.3 or 6.3 Kbps), G.729A,G.729AB, G.726 (16, 24, or 32 Kbps), G.727 (16, 24, or 32 Kbps)
- Automatic call type detection/pass through for voice/modem/fax
- RFC2833 in-band DTMF signaling over RTP
- G.168 echo cancellation
- T.38 real time fax relay with CNG tone detection
- Voice activity detection, silence suppression, Automatic comfort noise generation
- Call progress tone generation and detection - Dial tone, busy, ringback, and congestion
- RTP / RTCP
VX900C Front Panel
The VX900C front panel provides connection to the Serial Cable, as well as Ethernet ports. See VX900C Chassis for front panel details.
|title||VX900 Chassis Front Panel|
VX900C Rear Panel
The VX900C rear panel provides connection to AC power, Ethernet port, RS-232 port, and E1/T1 connections. See VX900C Chassis for rear panel details.
|title||VX900 Chassis Rear Panel|